High Mileage 6th Gens

HandoEX

Reaction score
As we all know, Accords have built a strong reputation for long lasting durability. I've heard of 200, 300, even 400k mile Accords in some of the older generations. Yesterday I hit 150,000 on the odometer and got to thinking if there are any other high mileage 6th gens on the boards here?

Anyone with...
100k+?
125k+?
150k+?

As far as I'm concerned, she's just getting broken in at 150,000:D

Neight

Reaction score
98 4cyl w/104K
Still runs well, but had a tranny repair @ 98K ...and I will take it back to the shop for service @ 108K .

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i have a 98 4 banger sedan with 92k on it. i need to get the timing belt done soon. either of you guys remember how much that was for you? and did you guys replace the water pump at the same time like a lot of people say you should?

HandoEX

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
i have a 98 4 banger sedan with 92k on it. i need to get the timing belt done soon. either of you guys remember how much that was for you? and did you guys replace the water pump at the same time like a lot of people say you should?
Sorry, I bought mine at 115k so that was before I owned the car.

skabone

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
I paid around $480 I believe

I've got about 148K on my 99. still runs great, only issues are that the paint on the front bumper and hood is looking a little rough from all the highway driving. other than that everything runs smooth. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when it comes time to replace the timing belt for a 2nd time. maybe I'll just have to put an H22 in there and make the car a little more fun. :D

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
im a couple miles short of 126k on my 98. the dealership said they replace all honda timing belts if the car is over 100k, no matter if it was done already.

Back