Any Bikers??

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
i found mah headlight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

and got doctors permission to go riding, time to break into the Universities track to get some solid flat times down

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Man, I remember one time after critical mass me and my friends went to a local middle school and snuck onto their track and did time trials. My lemond was so damn fast.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
was it not hard to go around the turns since they were not banking on the turns? i really want to go to a critical mass meet, but it seems like i always see them getting in trouble with the law

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
It was kinda difficult without the banked corners, but since it was asphalt, my street tires gripped pretty well. Yea, critical mass turned into a bunch of hipster d-bags and their "stylish" fixies, so I stopped going, and now we do "critical pass" on the same night where everyone who just likes biking rides around a park a while and then grills burgers and dogs, haha.

WillT.

Reaction score
OK, so I've finally upgraded my aluminum KHS that I posted a while ago to a full carbon setup. I kept the Ultegra drivetrain since I haven't had any problems with it and I couldn't justify spending the extra money on a Dura-Ace or even a new Sram setup.

So far I have really enjoyed it. The ride is a lot smoother than the aluminum frame was since it soaks up the vibrations better. The handling is also more responsive/twitchy, mostly due to the shorter wheelbase. Going up hills is definitely more fun since the bottom bracket has little to no flex whatsoever.

The only thing that didn't go to plan during the buildup was the fact that my bike computer decided to take a dump on me the night of the test ride. So I've been riding without one for the past week or so. But, I went ahead and just upgraded to one of the Garmin computers since I've heard such good things about them.

DSC_0102.JPG

DSC_0107.JPG

DSC_0112.JPG

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
bike looks awesome!!! any info on frame and cost?? :D i really need to upgrade mine...planning on riding the demo Madone from work sometime to see the difference from aluminum and carbon frame...can you tell a huge difference in climbing since the weight is much less also?

i have Ultegra drivetrain also...and i haven't had any problems to date...so i am with you on not wanting to spend the money on any upgrades yet

WillT.

Reaction score
The frame is a Pedal Force ZX3. They don't actually make the frame, but they import them from the same Taiwanese factories that make some of the high end name brand frames. The frame cost $700 and the fork was $100 I think, but they have some other frames that are more expensive, except for one that is around $600.

I can't say that there is a "HUGE" difference when climbing....it just feels more responsive and willing to go faster. The bottom bracket doesn't have hardly any flex to speak of, so you can really put the power down. I think a climbing specific wheelset would probably help even more when going up hills.

So far I haven't had any complaints about the frame/fork. I would definitely recommend looking into them if you are wanting to upgrade. The stealth factor is also a plus:cool:

Back