I <3 JDM.. got pulled over

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
I've been having so much bad luck lately. Just got pulled over again yesterday. I was going to my girls school cause she needed to drop something off. A motorcycle cop follows me for about 2 stop signs then finally decided to turn on his lights and pull me over.
So he comes up and ask me for my license. He doesn't tell me why he pulled me over. I asked if he needed my insurance and he said no. Then he does his thing or whatever and wants to look under my hood. I didn't care cause I knew i had nothing to worry about. So he takes a look around and says my AEM intake is illegal. I told him It has the EO carb sticker and the officer who pulled me over before told me that's legal if it has the sticker. He says, " I don't think that's how it works."
Right then I got frustrated and just went to go sit down. This other officer pulls up and also takes a look and hes holding this pamphlet thing with i guess all the regulations. They took like 10 minutes inspecting my "JDM" motor. He was so sure it was. He asked me if it was my original motor. I said yes its stock. As the other officer B (which is the one who came after) said that my motor is good. And I hear them talking saying he's gonna give me a ticket for the intake. I told him that it was legal and then he takes out the camera and start taking photos. Officer B then steps to the side and told him it is legal as long as it has the EO number and whatever. Officer A who is really wanting to give me a ticket looked around some more and asks me, what are those box things all over my engine compartment. I say its my ballast for my HIDs. He asks me what are HIDs. I said its for my lighting. Then he asks me if I have underlighting I said no. Its my driving lights.
Then Officer A saw that I had a crankcase filter and saw where the hose which was suppose to connect to the crankcase was not connected. The hose is attached to the intake. So he gave me a ticket for that. " vc 27156(b) modified emission" and thats all he wrote. He said it was a fix it ticket. So as he was writing the ticket he jokes around with the other cop saying stuff like, did you like my quick chase. I was thinking like wow are you serious.. like i tried to run from you or something.
Then as officer B was sniffing around my engine compartment looking for more things that they can write me down for but he didnt. He walks to the Officer A and says I think hes too low do you want to write him up for that too? Officer A says no. Sigh. They joke around some more but whatever.
I just needed to vent and let some things that were on my mind out.
Now i cant drive my car until i see the state ref. This really sucks.
I dont have a car and its hard to get around.
He still never told me why I was being stop. HE took pictures of the intake but I dont think he did for the crankcase filter.
Dont get me wrong. I love cops and appreciate what they do. But when i hear they joke around about stuff and make me look like im such a bad person, thats not cool. stereotyping is not cool either.
So no more JDM stickers for me.

i know its long and for those who read all this. Thanks for taking your time to hear me out.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
jeez....cops that don't know cars...shouldn't give tickets for **** they don't know about...IMO if you wanna be a dick cop about ricers with stolen motors/tranny's etc...then take the time to learn about it before you start handing out tickets...

adoboi6

Reaction score
damn dude that sucks...
if i were you, i'd contest it, cause that's bs.
i appreciate what cops do and stuff also, but thats just wrong what he did.

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
can you file something against the officer??
dude you paragraph is killing my eyes

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for your support. I know that the story was long but I just needed to vent and get it off my head.
Yeah like I said, I'm not for street racing now seeing it is a big problem here. I don't blame the cop either. The only thing is that I wish he actually knew what he gave me a ticket for instead of rambling on about what he defines as illegal or legal. He was also quite rude and I was really polite and complied to whatever he said.
My next questions would be, If I were to contest, would would I contest about? lol I've did some research on the crankcase filter and haven't had such luck. They said it may be illegal or whatnot. Sigh. I guess the ticket is basically cause the hose from the air filter was not connected to the crankcase. Now if that is illegal then I'm ok with the ticket. I dont wanna fight for something that is illegal. But if I could somehow lower the ticket amount that would be great.
I don't know what to do as of right now. Money is a big issue. So I may part out soon.
Thanks again guys for taking your time reading all this.

Back