Cotter pin in front lower ball joint or no??

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
When I had to change my lower ball joint I never added the cottor pin and the caster never moved just like you always do a monthly inspection still see that little hole. Imo I don't think its real necessary but it would give that peace of mind of knowing it will never be moved

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
if you dont wanna buy a cotter pin, atleast put some wire in there

you really don't want that castle nut to come off while on the road

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
if you dont wanna buy a cotter pin, atleast put some wire in there

you really don't want that castle nut to come off while on the road

No kidding, I'd hate myself if a something that would have cost me pennies ended up costing me hundreds ... Off topic but it reminds me of the time my buddy didn't change his tranny seals, it ended up costing him his transmission :eusa_doh:

001Stunna

Reaction score
No kidding, I'd hate myself if a something that would have cost me pennies ended up costing me hundreds ... Off topic but it reminds me of the time my buddy didn't change his tranny seals, it ended up costing him his transmission :eusa_doh:

Theres no issue about buying them guys...
...so i just went to HomeDepot and bought a set of 10 just to have around...

As stated since 1st post issue was i couldnt find the hole.

001Stunna

Reaction score
UPDATE:
It seems there was "HALF" a cotter pin in both lower balljoints anyways..but i couldnt see it as it wasnt facing the inside but outside. Ended up just going to a shop and taking out the old one and putting a new one in both lower ones though.

Thanks for all the input though guys :) and as for the hole...well im usually good at finding them :p

Back