99 accord 4dr 2.3 camshaft position sensor location?

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
if its throwing a code for the cam sensor why would he waste the time checking plugs and wires? just replace the distributor.

001Stunna

Reaction score
if its throwing a code for the cam sensor why would he waste the time checking plugs and wires? just replace the distributor.

That was just a suggestion, not a YOU HAVE TO DO IT OR ELSE. And as for reason why to do what i mentioned...i got that code about a year ago, instead of just going at the distributor i looked at everything else first; one of my spark plug wires showed signs of arcing...replaced the plug wire and code never came up again.
Also, it literally takes 10-20mins to do it all, so you're not loosing much time either.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
meh its my shop mentality. if it throws a code for a bad cam sensor we test the wiring, if thats good it gets a new cam sensor. no need to take extra time when you could be using that time to make more money.

the plugs and wires shouldn't make it throw a cam sensor code though so its weird that it fixed your problem.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
as said, that sensor is built into the dizzy. you need to replace the whole thing to fix it. my car has the same cel right now...yours will come back on.​

001Stunna

Reaction score
meh its my shop mentality. if it throws a code for a bad cam sensor we test the wiring, if thats good it gets a new cam sensor. no need to take extra time when you could be using that time to make more money.

the plugs and wires shouldn't make it throw a cam sensor code though so its weird that it fixed your problem.
I simply followed the below mentioned info and just started from the begginingg...and everything checked out ok; only thing i found wrong was the plug wire as mentioned. I can understand it being different if it comes to a "work" matter where any time lost is revenue lost. If doing it as a personal DIY though, it's not that time consuming.
alldatadiycom1999hondaa.jpg

as said, that sensor is built into the dizzy. you need to replace the whole thing to fix it. my car has the same cel right now...yours will come back on.​
It's been more then a year and no code. I guess time will tell.​

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
It's been more then a year and no code. I guess time will tell.​

i was referring to the op, he said he reset his cel...i used to reset mine until it would just come back on within a day, haha. im going start at step 7 once i get around to it. i replaced the coil, rotor, cap, plugs, and wires when the code originally came up, because one of the plug wires looked like it was arcing as well and it needed a little tune up anyway haha. that didnt solve it for me, so im pretty sure mines the housing that needs to be replaced.​

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
ya mine hasn't come back since it cooled off out but I wanna put a new distributor in it before I turn the boost up anyway since the one in it has at least 230k miles on it.

Back