UPDATED: Evan's Quest for a J32 6MT 6GA

Varnell

Reaction score
Well this helps quite a lot. So if I'm understanding correctly, with the spreadsheet data, all I need to do is splice into those wires, or just repin them?

Correct, though I'm not seeing the second page of the spreadsheet where they've been matched together.

Either I've forgotten how to use Google documents or it's somehow been deleted. If the latter, I'll have to search through my papers to find how I wired them up.

It's all pretty easy, though time consuming. I have everything working but the reverse lights. Don't make my mistake and snip all the wires at once. I assumed they were all different colors. I had to guess and check quite a bit since (Blue/White stripe) and a few other combinations are used on quite a few of them.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Correct, though I'm not seeing the second page of the spreadsheet where they've been matched together.

Either I've forgotten how to use Google documents or it's somehow been deleted. If the latter, I'll have to search through my papers to find how I wired them up.

So, you got a harness, cut the ends off for the connectors, and repinned those connectors with the new wires and plugged it in?

Varnell

Reaction score
So, you got a harness, cut the ends off for the connectors, and repinned those connectors with the new wires and plugged it in?

Simple as that. Just take your time to do it correctly. I used double sided crimp connectors since I had to guess and check a few of them. While my engine is getting built I plan on properly soldering and heat shrinking them to prevent moisture and possible disconnects.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Simple as that. Just take your time to do it correctly. I used double sided crimp connectors since I had to guess and check a few of them. While my engine is getting built I plan on properly soldering and heat shrinking them to prevent moisture and possible disconnects.

So if I pick up a manual ECU, and a manual harness with those connectors, I literally cut the connectors off the manual harness and use the existing Accord harness and repin the CL-S connectors with the Accord wiring and plug it in.

In essence what Im trying to say is, is all I need the manual ECU and manual ECU connectors just to repin with the factory Accord harness?

Varnell

Reaction score
So if I pick up a manual ECU, and a manual harness with those connectors, I literally cut the connectors off the manual harness and use the existing Accord harness and repin the CL-S connectors with the Accord wiring and plug it in.

In essence what Im trying to say is, is all I need the manual ECU and manual ECU connectors just to repin with the factory Accord harness?

Correct. As for the manual ECU, yes, you need that. I just used the ignition from the Accord and had my key flashed to match the code of the vin # of the CL-S that the ECU came from.

I'm pretty sure with the AEM you don't need a CL harness. It should all just connect to the standalone. I'm not certain. Though I'd like to tune my engine, I didn't consider the idea since I had spent hours wiring up the ECU. It was to make my hard work not be for nothing. lol

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Well I went to the junkyard and found another Type S. Still auto. But I did grab the ECU just incase, since I already have an auto engine harness.

Also picked up a master reservoir and a shift boot from a 5MT accord. Grabbed a couple wiring plugs off the harness also, just incase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Found a 6speed harness and now that is being shipped. Hopefully I can use this. Anyone know if it matters if the harness and ECU are from different cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varnell

Reaction score
My harness was from a different car.

I stopped by my car today and found the wiring diagram. Just let me know when you need it.

Back