RR's '99 coupe EX-L

SupraGuy

Reaction score
Washed it yesterday. I wish my paint looked as good dry as it does wet. Or even close.

Ah yes. Water: The ultimate clearcoat...

Well, if I want my Accord to look even halfways decent, it's going to need some body and paint repairs, but given it's role in my life... Well, I don't mind the body work (much) and I'll need to test out my paint skills before I tackle the Supra again.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
haha i used to say the same thing with my last accord :lawl:

Haven't we all haha

Ah yes. Water: The ultimate clearcoat...

Well, if I want my Accord to look even halfways decent, it's going to need some body and paint repairs, but given it's role in my life... Well, I don't mind the body work (much) and I'll need to test out my paint skills before I tackle the Supra again.

That's one place I don't go, body work. But I'm okay with light duty paint projects. Nice you have an extra car to "test" your paint skills on hah.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Really needs a wire tuck but there's so much crap everywhere I don't know where to begin. Maybe around the battery, there's just a wad of **** hanging between it and the coolant hose. :lawl:
I see what you mean. Once you tuck them, maybe a TL/CL battery box cover would cover the area for cleaner look?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^I thought about that when I saw Bill selling his NHBP battery box. It looks really good in your engine bay. Maybe if I ever see one cheap or at a junkyard.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I should. It would be nice to have more space and get some weight off the front. And there's plenty of room next to the dead hookers.

SupraGuy

Reaction score
Battery relocation is good for weight redistribution, but definitely not weight reduction. The extra heavy gauge cable run to the back of the car is always added weight, and I believe that battery boxes should always be vented to outside, even if you are using an Optima sealed battery.

One "trick" that I've seen that I really like for the ground connection, since copper is a much nicer conductor, is to use 1/2" copper plumbing pipe to run an alternate ground underneath the car along the frame rail. It's lighter and cheaper than 4AWG stranded cable, and still a very capable conductor. I've also seen people use this running a ground to a high power amp rack. The car chassis should really be adequate until you get to fairly high power, of course, but I generally like my starter and alternator to have a nice connection to the battery negative post. Since 10' of 1/2" copper pipe is like $10 at Home Depot, and it won't sag underneath the car, it makes it dirt simple to run along the frame fails.

When it comes to DIY, I tend to dive headfirst into about everything. Body work is one of the things that probably has little impact on the safety and driveability of a car. It does of course have a lot to do with the appearance, so I probably wouldn't have started with a "nice" car. That wasn't the case when I started, and I turned an old rust bucket into something that at least LOOKED like a nice car. Well, I suppose that it went through stages from "rust bucket POS" to "Some amateur's project car" to "Should have got Maaco" to "look at the runs in that paint" to "Hey, that's in pretty nice shape!" Now I'm reasonably confident that I have the skill, but I haven't done metallic or pearl paints before, and that's what I'd like to do on the Supra.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Blurry pic but washed and waxed it. It sat in the garage for 2 days, and of course the first day I take it out it gets shat on. ****ing birds. :gr_guns:

temporary_117.jpg

temporary_118.jpg

Back