DIY Mods under $25

dynasty

Reaction score
what exactly is polarizing film?..

it's just a piece of transparent paper that you could put behind your gauge cluster or use it on your tail lights so it's tinted. it's just another option from tinting your tail lights without spray can.

dynasty

Reaction score
9006 to 9005 Conversion. high beam bulb inside a low beam housing. best mod for me! other than HIDs.

dynasty

Reaction score
doesnt that $hit blind people though?

what blind people is BOTH low AND high beam. that's why it's so bright when someone high beam you. but this is only ONE bulb high beam turning on. it doesn't blind people though. you just need to adjust the light down a little bit because the beam spread out more. other than that, it's only about 30% brighter which is pretty worth it.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Just browsing though. My led conversion cost about $50, and that's the cheapest i could personally find. This was almost every light though from dome lights, dash, cluster, etc. I haven't done the cruse controll and sunroof yet as i got so burnt out on everything else (like a year ago lol), but if you are going to do everything, it's going to be like $60.

Door pannels, $20 for suede, great deal. I've still only done one side because i'm going leather and i haven't decided if i'm doing two tone or just colored stiching.

Removed resonator-great mod, 30 min tops, i didn't even remove my bumper. Love it.

Blackhousings-love them. I didn't know everyone and their mom had done this when i did mine though.

Polorized film, been lagging on that. Will match my HU perfectly.

One other thing i did, flush mounted tweeters in the sail pannel. It was about $20 and a day, mostly waiting for fiberglass resin to dry.

Diddy

Reaction score
Good post. I blackhoused my headlights (just paid for paint), painted my calipers and rotars (da** rust!), pulled out the resonator and pretty much paid for paint and stuff. Really cheap mods and a great way 2 spend time with and get to know your car a little.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
I know I'm bumping an old thread, but came across this and thought it could be useful. anyone have more ideas? we could also add like a $25-100 category

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
I think DIY wheel painting should go into the $25-$100 category, if you add it.

DIY engine cover painting, though it is likely to be closer to $35 than $25.

DIY catch can, about $25 in materials.

DIY chrome trim black out, vinyl tape should be pretty cheap.

Back