New 6th gen accord owner :)

deepsnipe

Reaction score
Hey Rooky this is a intro thread about my new car. I never talked about going manual and I think you would be better off posting a new thread in a different section of the forum if you have any questions.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Rooky your post has been moved to a new thread here:
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51063

I just seen a pair of 07 TL A-Spec rims on the 6 gen accord and they look great!! Think I'm going to go with them and they are 17" so not to big an should look good when I add the front/rear lips, side skirts and lower the accord. The ones I'm talking about are the standard split 5 spoke.. Not the type S and I found a brand new set for 400 dollars or 440 if I wanted the type s. Whats a good tire size for a slammed 6th gem on 17x8 rim?

TL A-specs are 18", TSX A-specs are 17". RL A-specs are 5x120 and won't fit. Just mentioning that so you can verify what you have.

deepsnipe

Reaction score
Here goes some pictures when I first got the car about 6 weeks ago. Had to replace the start solenoid but other then that the accords been running like a champ.

deepsnipe

Reaction score
Just seen they have an 01 Acura MDX at the local pick and pull. Going tomorrow to get the engine J35A3. Wasn't planing on doing a drive train upgrade so soon but when It can be had for 160 bucks... Can't beat it and I already wanted to get the CL/TL 6 Speed with LSD. For under 400 dollars I already have a near mint 6th gen accord and J35A3 :) Should make a great project to work on over winter.

Question about the J35A3. Is it worth upgrading the J35A3 cams to the Type-S cams?

Last edited:

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
It's crazy you were able to get that car for $200. It looks to be in pretty good shape.

Let's see that CRX!

deepsnipe

Reaction score
I buy cars running or not for scrap metal and car parts for resale....Its crazy some of the deal I get. I once paid 350 for a 06 Jeep wrangler 65th anniversary edition. They took it to a backyard mechanic who tried to rip them off 3,500. The truck wouldn't start and before that was having transmission issues. I towed it home and found out the mechanic removed the starter fuse and the transmission relay was bad. Replaced both and it drove like new and put 14.5k in my pocket. Not bad for one day of work.

I will look for some pictures of the CRX... right now the shell is in a barn in WI along with my 91 Chevy K5 blazer. I got both engines in the basement working on boosting both of them.

Crx is getting forged pistons rods d16z6 head and holset hx40 turbo. Already have the head and turbo just waiting to get forged internals.

Blazer is getting forged internals, vortec heads, TPI intake system and twin turbos. Already have vortec heads and TPI intake system with all sensors and ECM. Still unsure on what turbos I want to run.

And Now thanks to the price already got the next engine for the accord... J35a3 going to upgrade the cams to type-s and intake manifold to the J37 manifold from a 09 TL SH-AWD. I hear it will clear the hood and flows the best out of all J series intake manifolds.

The accord is also getting the Type-s 6 speed manual with LSD swapped in with the J35a3 and turbo sometime down the line after the crx and K5 Blazer are finished...

Back