Engine Theory, Build, Etc Discussion.

SeanXtec

Reaction score
J32 block and heads
Honda odyssey crank - 3.5L
Acura RL pistons rods - 3.5L and 11.5:1 cr

Do NOT keep your j30 heads...they are the worst part about that motor.

jaz

Reaction score
V6's have 2 heads, so its heads (plural) Im dont know much about the j series engine. Saying you want torque is very vague. Your increasing displacment, so your going to get more torque anyways. If your refering torque to low end power, then use the j30 heads. The heads flow a lot less then the j32 heads.

I found this.http://cl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=714305
ya sorry headS lol idk why i always just say head as a habit... and when i say torque i mean like low end as you said. and well wouldnt the j30 be the the worst option? even according to that chart you posted (which is awesome, thanks!) the j35a3 engine itself and the J35A1 block with J32A2 headS offer the best torque... and they look badazz haha

J32 block and heads
Honda odyssey crank - 3.5L
Acura RL pistons rods - 3.5L and 11.5:1 cr

Do NOT keep your j30 heads...they are the worst part about that motor.
yeah that sounds nice... is 11.5:1 good for boost in the future? or no

Last edited:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
ya sorry headS lol idk why i always just say head as a habit... and when i say torque i mean like low end as you said. and well wouldnt the j30 be the the worst option? even according to that chart you posted (which is awesome, thanks!) the j35a3 engine itself and the J35A1 block with J32A2 headS offer the best torque... and they look badazz haha

yeah that sounds nice... is 11.5:1 good for boost in the future? or no

You need to lower your compression if u want to boost. Hes talking about N/A

mraw112

Reaction score
Unless you have standalone, dont attempt to do 11.5 and boost. High compression does help the turbo spool faster, feel less laggy, and helps with power, but has huge limits, and requires pretty good monitoring of knock, and complete control of spark and fuel.

jaz

Reaction score
lool i dont wanna do high cr... thats what the other guy said... right now im just worried about which engine would be best... :driving:

right now i guess im looking at j32 block with j32 heads and j35 internals... that makes it a 3.5l right? ;)

SeanXtec

Reaction score
Yea that would pretty much be the best N/A setup you could go with without major engine modification...and with that setup...I wouldn't worry about boost. You're looking at around 270-300 whp N/A with the setup I posted.

with J32A2 headS offer the best torque... and they look badazz haha

And I really don't know what you mean by they look badass...the heads from my j30 and j32 look exactly the same...

But if you want to boost, I'd just go with a complete J35 from an odyssey - best bang for your buck. Do some research, because I'm not sure which year engine you would need. And you could use J32 heads, they flow slightly better than the J35 odyssey heads.

Last edited:

jaz

Reaction score
what would be the advantage of the j32 with j35 internals over just a j35? and i dont know what i meant by that haha it just came out cause i was looking at pics and i think they look cool...

SeanXtec

Reaction score
I don't mean to turn anyone away from this site, but all of your questions will be answered if you venture over to v6p and do some research...read up on NVA-V6's engine builds and work and you'll probably get a rough idea of what you want to do.

Back