DIY custom trunk strut bar....

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Creative for sure, but you could have just used an eBay rear strut tower bar, an adjustable one. By the way do you have a sedan or a coupe. That would make a difference in how easy this mod is as well. Definitely am interested in seeing how you did it.

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
...there is no rear strut tower bar for a 6g. there is no rear strut tower bar because there is no room for it. even more of a reason that theres no rear strut tower bar for a 6g accord is because the tops of the strut towers are already connected to each other via the unibody of the car. a cross brace for the trunk hole is about the best you can do in terms of rear bracing.​

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
As Andy stated, they are not made for sedans, and also there is not much purpose for this - but anything can be done. Even though the results may not be significant, technically it WOULD serve to reinforce the chassis more. It would also add more weight. If I were to do it - I would only do it for fun, but I'm going to skip this mod because I am just getting a rollcage :naughtyrun:.

intel0116

Reaction score
i will have my DIY thread up in the next few days guys, sry for the extended wait, i started making a second bar so that i could take pics every step of the way, will have it up asap !

intel0116

Reaction score
Creative for sure, but you could have just used an eBay rear strut tower bar, an adjustable one. By the way do you have a sedan or a coupe. That would make a difference in how easy this mod is as well. Definitely am interested in seeing how you did it.

i have a sedan, and i thought about buying the cheep ebay one, but after looking at one in person, it seemd to flimzy to fabricate to fit back there, its a tight fit.

Back