New gauge cluster?

datechboss101

Reaction score
Hola amigos,
Its been ages since I was last on here, but I haven't been driving my CG since August. So recently, since August, the Speedo decided to take a nice s*** and now it won't completely display the mileage and the trips. So what should I do? And out of nowhere last weekend, it showed the complete mileage and trip for a few moments before I restarted the car to see if it was just connection issue or something.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
No, it's a small problem, don't worry about it.

Solder joints on the circuit board crack/fail (just like the Main Relay). That is the cause for the mileage display LCD to fade out.

Pull out the cluster, find the solder joints that are cracked and resolder. Youtube has a vid or two.

datechboss101

Reaction score
Alright... Also, stupid question, but how do I solder? I never done that at all before. Plus, I'm probably going to do this task over winter break, as I got a little project for my daily that I want to do.

Kimbo80

Reaction score
No, it's a small problem, don't worry about it.

Solder joints on the circuit board crack/fail (just like the Main Relay). That is the cause for the mileage display LCD to fade out.

Pull out the cluster, find the solder joints that are cracked and resolder. Youtube has a vid or two.

I pretty much said the same thing on Drive Accord.

In terms of how to solder, take it to any competenent car radio installer or electronics repair place, and they should be able to do it for you.

https://www.driveaccord.net/forums/53-6th-generation/538389-new-gauge-cluster.html

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
soldering is easy. But it’s also easy to do it wrong and make a cold solder joint.

Step one. Prep the tip. Get some solder on it. Then heat up the joint. Flow solder from the wire to the solder tip. ThAt ensures the wire is hot enough to bond to the solder and not just be covers by the solder if you flow from the tip to the wire. If you do flow from the tip to the wire/joint you should see the solder flow into the strands and not just over them.

Back