98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Re: GlassJAw's EG9 SiR Civic & DA6 Honda Integra

The civic looks good man.

BigAnt

Reaction score

Civic looks good man, take some interior and engine bay pictures.

GlassJAw

Reaction score

The EG is a bit of a Barn find to be honest, has been sitting dormant for at least 4 months. The interior has got something similar to pollen dust all over it, and it isnt quite up to photo standards yet. The pics I have posted so far are as I got the car, still dirty as hell and much need of a good spruice up. I've locked it away in the garage until payday (this Friday) when I will pull it out, clean it up and take it for a thorough inspection / fluid change. Might post some interior pics up after that..... needs a stereo too come to think of it.

BigAnt

Reaction score

The EG is a bit of a Barn find to be honest, has been sitting dormant for at least 4 months. The interior has got something similar to pollen dust all over it, and it isnt quite up to photo standards yet. The pics I have posted so far are as I got the car, still dirty as hell and much need of a good spruice up. I've locked it away in the garage until payday (this Friday) when I will pull it out, clean it up and take it for a thorough inspection / fluid change. Might post some interior pics up after that..... needs a stereo too come to think of it.

Ok sounds good. Do you have any plans for it or just leaving it the way it is?

I like that it has a B16A2 motor, what is the motor rated at?

GlassJAw

Reaction score

170hp@7600 - 116 lb-ft@7300 would imagine they are slightly inflated at the flywheel figures (as with most Hondas) but it's still no slouch for a tiny engine.
I want to do the basics (I.H.E), not sure on whether to go ITR engine or build an LS B20 later on down the line. Basic function of the car will be to get me and my little girl from A-B without the harsh drone of noisy exhausts or bumpy ride that the DA6 has.
Might go get my Bilsteins for it this weekend coming..... still undecided just now.

Skyy

Reaction score

How much do those EuroR's run over there, out of curiosity :p

GlassJAw

Reaction score

I've seen them go for as little as $7000 NZD (roughly $5800 USD at a guess) for a high mileage one.

GlassJAw

Reaction score

Updated the first page with a couple of new pics, turns out the Civic had been sitting dormant for well over a year and had only clocked up a whopping 800 Miles the year prior!!
Brake hoses were all perished and RTA Bushes were almost non existant. Had to get them replaced for inspection which it has now passed :D
Bought it a new Head Deck as whistling wasnt quite cutting the mustard anymore.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score

you should swap the motor from teg to civic and dd the teg ... i like the civic a lot

GlassJAw

Reaction score

Civic Just needs new headers / exhaust and have the CTR cams from the Integra. Civic is an SiR and came from factory with the 2nd Generation B16A in it (10hp over the Teg engine)
Will try get some interior shots of the Civic sometime over the weekend, it came from factory as a 4 seater - bucket seats in the rear with centre glove compartment between the seats.

Back