Mah new box truck.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
PLEASE paint the entire thing flat black and put something along the lines of this on the front..........

gril_guard-3.jpg

Damage multiplier FTW!

Imagine........:lolrun:

nsjames

Reaction score
The original:

100_3154.jpg

snookwheel did his 5 years ago.

my bumper is hammered, so it will be getting something custom in the future. I has an idea of what I want it to be.

Not quite ussie Road Train ridiculous like what was posted, but certainly enough to make morons think twice before they cut off the 20K lb truck.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
The Aussie 'Road Trains' are in a class of their own, but that would be pretty intimidating to see that in your rear view.

nsjames

Reaction score
yeah, I'm pretty sure that's a HERD bumper. They make those obscene aluminum jobbies.

http://www.herd.com/

I don't want to deal with something that big, plus I'd have to come up with a way to hinge it forward so I could still open the hood.

Something like this:
http://www.herd.com/products/commercial_trucks/?pID=AR

that sticks out a bit from te grill/fiberglass to protect it, but without the push bar on the top.

I'd like to make it a bit curvier than stock, maybe with upswept tips for additional clearance in case I bury the steer tires. The front of it looks like a smiley face to me anyway with the wide set round headlights. I was going to paint a nose on the grill and a smiley face on the bumper. Cause I have a sense of humor.

I'll likely just make a newer, stronger version of what International put on my truck. I really need to keep access to my factory tow points as well, for the eventual stuck in the campground. At least it will tote it's own recovery vehicle around.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Wouldn't that 'Herd Grill' in the second link take care of a new bumper plus a new grill issue all in one piece?

Unless you are more inclined to fabricate something with your own personal touch, which based on this project I could see why, I would think the Hed Grill would suffice.

nsjames

Reaction score
Wouldn't that 'Herd Grill' in the second link take care of a new bumper plus a new grill issue all in one piece?

Unless you are more inclined to fabricate something with your own personal touch, which based on this project I could see why, I would think the Hed Grill would suffice.

I am cheap

and I might want to incorporate some things that are useful to me into it. Mounts for things, a grill for a fluid cooler. The back bumper is hammered too, so I'm going to make the pair. I'd like to mount a small hand crane off the back to use for drums/axles and what not. I figured I'd make the spare tire holder and the crane use the same attachment, probably just a 2" receiver tube. That way I can put mounts for them inside so I can use it in the box.

st3b0

Reaction score
I didn't know what to expect when i clicked on this but it's pretty cool :)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
So yes, you are a serious fabricator.

I'm gonna need LOTS of popcorn for this one...........

nsjames

Reaction score
So yes, you are a serious fabricator.

I'm gonna need LOTS of popcorn for this one...........

I'mnot sure how serious I am, b ut there's a welder in the garage and I am capable of sticking metal together.

Back