Titleist
Reaction score
Re: ★ Russianred's CD5 Project ★

bro, hook a brotha up with some cash haha

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Got to really looking at it today, and obviously found a few more things I can work on!

- Water pump is seeping a little coolant I'll replace that and confirm that the timing belt is legit at the same time.
- A power steering hose will need tightening or replacing because it is seeping a little fluid.
- Oil pan gasket will need to be remade and applied due to some rear-side caking.
- Oh and new front sway bar linkages.
- Will need new front brake pads apparently.

Aside from that, suspension, chassis, tie rod ends, and all ball joints, and brake lines are in perfect shape.

- Fixed the power lock issue.
- Un-ghetto rigged the radio wires and custom fitted a radio cubby.
- Cleaned the whole car.
- Greased all door hinges and hood/trunk locks.
- Took off all stickers.

I'll need to remove the pin-striping too.

Nothing too strenuous! :beer2: Time to dig in again..

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

The Corolla is a 1999 105k miles, DEP color, Beige interior.. Oh so reminiscent of the Accord. Yet it is AUTO :fail:

Just got done fixing a bunch of little things on the CD5, removed power steering pulley and alternator. It's a hassle dealing with corroded untouched bolts!

Valve cover is coming off next, to take off upper and lower timing belt covers and inspect belt.

Took off the tails - tail light amber removal to come tomorrow, as well as taking off timing belt and exposing the water pump and draining oil. Not sure if the actual oil pan is leaking, or just shit from the filter, looks like it's coming from the filter area. Dumbasses who did oil change possibly didn't tighten it down enough.. Probably going to leave the oil pan alone for now, because to get to it I'd need to take off header too. I loosened the bolts on it, but the part where it joins to the stock downpipe I don't know if I wanna deal with. Hopefully the oil leak is just from the filter - there's a drop of oil right on it so hopefully that's the only culprit there. I'd have to drive around for a bit after replacing the water pump to find out for sure. At least most of the bolts related to that have now been broken loose.

Modded the airbox, got rid of the bigass resonator breather snorkel - right in the trash.

Taking off the the sideskirts/front/rear lips tomorrow too to sand down and paint black. They are currently unpainted OEM Honda faded color. Going to do the same to the mudflaps.

I'd like to black out the trim as well, but there are a few areas where it's evident that either someone was trying to break in the car, or when the keys got locked in it the AAA guy was careless and damaged it.

More updates with pics tomorrow.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

:naughty: Sorry for crappy cell phone pic:

image.jpg

Seafoamed it, took care of a whole list of little details, fixed EVERYTHING on the CD5, except the driver's side window - it's stuck for some reason. Purrs like a kitten, ripps like a hulk. Girl who owned it before even put one of these in the intake:

41ijddey2mL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hell, why not haha.

More to come, once it gets warmer and I can actually go wash it and take good photos. Red/Clear tails got me sprung - pics of those later :badger:.

Back