ReggieReggcg2's 2006 Infiniti G35x Sedan.

ReggieReGGCG2

Reaction score
Personally i think its just the VQ. My girlfriend has a 2007 Maxima and hers drinks gas like a slurpee also. I don't think they designed the engine to be gas efficient lol

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Yeah. Just always shocks me since their stats aren't staggering or anything, doesn't seem like their mileage should be too bad. But anyway, definitely not a big deal. I really liked your 6GA, so I am excited to see what you do with this car.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I haven't heard Muhib(Raul) complain about the gas consumption yet, but his is a manual, so I would assume it MAY be a bit less of a drinker.

ReggieReGGCG2

Reaction score
I also think it could be because of the AWD. i would assume it takes a bit more gas to run that.

Better news though....Coilovers ordered, front strut bar ordered, and im currently searching for some new decent tires for the 19" genesis wheels.

Someone local buy my sub setup and my 220 amp alternator!!

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Comparatively. My dads RX350 get like 18-19 average on a tank. And both being 3.5, and all wheel drive, I wouldn't expect the G35 to do much better.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I also think it could be because of the AWD. i would assume it takes a bit more gas to run that.

Better news though....Coilovers ordered, front strut bar ordered, and im currently searching for some new decent tires for the 19" genesis wheels.

Someone local buy my sub setup and my 220 amp alternator!!
I figure Nissan is a company being established by making sports cars through out its history, so I see why G's aren't so fuel efficient; AWD sports sedans. (Guess which company's sports car has the #1 sales in US? It's Nissan (1st gen Fairlady Z, price being half the price of Porsche at that time.)← Z enthusiasts claim that it's still holding the top record in the world to this date.

Anyways, enjoy debating yourself choosing many parts available for ur Skyline, unlike our 6gens. ;)

Last edited:

ReggieReGGCG2

Reaction score
I do mainly city driving and some occasional highway driving. Im gonna fill up this weekend and see what i get.

I will probably get around the same as you

Raul

Reaction score
In your maxima right? What engine is in yours?

yup, its a VQ35DE. yea gas sucks on city driving but I mostly do highway. So its not that bad. more power + heavy car = more gas:darryl:.

My oil change is also due in 300 kms and I will see if I can get a full tune up in spring/summer. Reggie, does your car have an aux input or ipod connection? the ipod integration for my car costs almost $200:squintfinger:

Back