Accord V6 5 lug swap

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Found a deal on a 1999 Honda accord V6 for cheap. THe tranny is going out and the alternator is out.

But I plan on converting my LX to 5 lug and swapping over the Factory Honda rims with the brand new tires that are on there.

5 lug swap, factory rims and brand new tires for less than $300 is a deal in my book. Hell brand new cheap all season tires for my car would be atleast 400 installed.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
After the swap I have to figure out what I'm gonna do with this j30 motor. Keep it and build it or sell it?

2000orosolido

Reaction score
this may be in the wrong place but am new to the forum? but cant I just get a new hub assembly with rotor and swap my 4 lug to 5 lug that way?

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
In regards to decide what to do with the J30:

1.) If you plan on making power with it, just stop now. They sound good with I/H/E and thats about it. These are really not made to hold or make power. They are tanks though, just don't try to make a lot of power on them. I had mine for 225K, 75k on those from me. Never gave me an issue. Almost wish I hadn't swapped to the J32a2, maybe lol

2.) If you want to try to make power on it, you are really limited on options. Supercharger and turbo kits are out there. They are not cheap though, nor really effective. Put the same thing on the J32, and you've gained much more power and done the same amount of work. People have done the J32a2 Intake Manifold, throttle body, fuel rails, injectors, etc and seen maybe 10 hp. So that's an option if you decide it's worth it.

3.) Moral of the story, if you want to make power on a J series, it's really J32a2 or J35a4. Most common. Others are out there for sure though.

I'm still deciding what to do with my J30 I pulled out of my car. I'm either gonna sell the whole thing, igniton switch, ECU, harness, key and all or turn the block into a table. Kind of like the table idea lol

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
My plan is to eventually just put the j30 into a civic hatchback.

200 horses is enough for me in a gutted hatch.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Found a deal on a 1999 Honda accord V6 for cheap. THe tranny is going out and the alternator is out.

But I plan on converting my LX to 5 lug and swapping over the Factory Honda rims with the brand new tires that are on there.

5 lug swap, factory rims and brand new tires for less than $300 is a deal in my book. Hell brand new cheap all season tires for my car would be atleast 400 installed.

That's a good price. I'd love to find something like that. I've already got a set of 07 Civic SI rims (17's) lined up that I could put on. My son bought a set of 18"HPR for his SI.:waytogo: If I got them from him though, I'd have to repaint them as I'm not sure how that drk gray would look on a DEG car. The bummer is there aren't any in the junkyard, and those on Craig's list are too expensive (still runners), so the seller still wants good money for them.

Back