TCC Solenoid

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
Recently I cracked my transmission casing. Found one with less than 50k miles and had it installed. It slips going in to and out of second gear and the check engine light came on for the torque converter clutch not engaging.
I called the place I bought it from and they said it's a common problem so they're sending me a new tcc solenoid and some other solenoid I forgot what it is.
They said it's an easy fix since it's not inside the transmission so I figured I could do it myself.

Where exactly is this solenoid at, how do I install it, what tools do I need, and any advice?

Thanks in advance.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
As far as what tools, I believe just a ratchet and sockets.
okay solenoid A - lock-up control/shift control solenoid is located below the upper radiator hose and beside one of the trans-cooler hard lines, its a clip on a plate that has two nipple looking things on it.
DSC05362.jpg

Then Soleniod B and C which are both shift control solenoids are below the two nipple looking things, and are themselves nipple looking things.
DSC05363.jpg

The clutch pressure control solenoid is then located below the transmission mount.
DSC05365.jpg

Hopefully that helps.

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
Thanks a million! I couldn't find anything anywhere online about this stuff. They should be here this Thursday, two day shipping my ***.
Thanks again

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
The solenoids I need to put on are the torque converter clutch and some kind of pressure solenoids.
One more question, should I disconnect my battery when I'm doing this?

001Stunna

Reaction score
The solenoids I need to put on are the torque converter clutch and some kind of pressure solenoids.
One more question, should I disconnect my battery when I'm doing this?

Shouldnt make a difference...but why not. Better safe then sorry and it'll take you a whole 10seconds to do so.

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
The solenoids came in today, here's some pics.

IMG2216.jpg

IMG2219.jpg

The one has some o-rings on it, should I rub a dab of trans fluid on there or keep it clean? Any advice when putting them on?

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
you could run a bit of clean oil on them. But you don't technically have too.

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
Okay I'll probably do it anyways. Does the one on the right need a gasket or anything?

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
The three holes diagonal through the center should have o-rings. You'll notice them when you remove the old one.

I would recommend taking those to an auto parts store and replacing them. But you can reuse them as long as they're in good shape.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
There is actually a gasket that goes with it, plus some pipes.
#7 & #4 below, respectively:
13s8401_atm0710.png

_____Part #_______#^_Quantity Description Price
#7 28252-PAX-000 007 001 GASKET, LINEAR SOLENOID 4.22
#4 22750-P6H-000 004 003 PIPE (8X22.5) 8.78

Last edited:
Back