Replacing upper balljoint w/o replacing Uca

Drew707

Reaction score
I just recently replaced my uca's with oem uca. But now my balljoints are done from smacking on the strut tower all the time. Is there a DIY write up on replacing upper balljoints? I dont wanna spend another 150-200$ on new ucas again wen a balljoint is 25$.

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
No point. Just do the whole arm. Pressing in new ball joints can expand the opening on the arm. It's been covered in a thread on here

lmayoral2191

Reaction score
Its easy replacing those upper balljoints. I replace those all the time at my shop, just use a balljoint tool (I have the otc balljoint kit ), snap ring pliers. Id recommend moog ball joints, never had a problem with those.

danmccormick87

Reaction score
Its easy replacing those upper balljoints. I replace those all the time at my shop, just use a balljoint tool (I have the otc balljoint kit ), snap ring pliers. Id recommend moog ball joints, never had a problem with those.

^Agreed! Always used Moog on my old offroad truck, never had an issue and their warranty is outstanding.

lmayoral2191

Reaction score
Moog all the way, if you dont have tools just go too a local shop. Pretty sure they wouldnt mind putting the balljoints in for ya.

FNCONE

Reaction score
No point. Just do the whole arm. Pressing in new ball joints can expand the opening on the arm. It's been covered in a thread on here

Dam I didn't know this. I have a Harbor Freight 12T Press and I pressed out my old ones for moog ones. The old ones (which I ddint care about) I took off the boot and used an impact socket that fit on it and used some steel plates to elevate it and just pressed it out. To add my new ones I used a socket that fit on the top without damaging the grease nipple and just pressed it in. I'll keep that in mind that it wears out the UCA opening

lmayoral2191

Reaction score
Ive done alot of these type of balljoints, and never worn out the opening... unless you press it incorrectly or beat it in with a hammer lol. Your basic otc balljoint tool does the trick and makes it easy

Back