Coolant leak near transmission side under distributor Overheated!!

6thgensedan

Reaction score
yeah I went threw this about a month ago. your right its most likely the heater hose under the distributor.remove the distributor and have a look.

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
yeah I went threw this about a month ago. your right its most likely the heater hose under the distributor.remove the distributor and have a look.
Will removing the distributor mess with timing?

Did some disassembling today and found the hose.

a14477c8a2b3fcfce78ed17c5399a3cc.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

RawCarnage

Reaction score
yep thats the heater core hose, iv had that problem from my distributor leaking oil on it and the hose finally gave out. i just bought another hose and its fine now. as a temp fix just cut out the part that has a hole in it and put it back on.

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
yep thats the heater core hose, iv had that problem from my distributor leaking oil on it and the hose finally gave out. i just bought another hose and its fine now. as a temp fix just cut out the part that has a hole in it and put it back on.
I bought an oem hose today. I didn't need to remove the distributor just cut slots in the old hose and use a flat head screwdriver and pride open the hose.

Will be getting it finished and done soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

RawCarnage

Reaction score
might be a good idea to either get new gaskets for the distributor(not the cap gaskets the inner ones.) or buy a new distributor. i know i have too. i can see the hose getting soaked in oil again.

DrDoom

Reaction score
Had the same problem. blew a heater hose from the distributor leaking oil. Happened right after i raced a vr6 golf hatch. Easy fix not to stressful.

Hondararri

Reaction score
My 2 cents $11 heater core hose just replaced mine yesterday if you got oil even slightly around distributor could be issue like you googled mine didn't leak but was really swolen and flimsy top radiator is right beside w/ therm too as mentioned above pulling distributor will be a must google removal and marking of timing and don't break distributor like I did :Boo:

Back