Ok, started my led project, here are some pics

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
^^ohhh... now i understand why my friend said he spent 3 hrs with nail polish remover getting rid of something behind the numbers.... now it makes sense lol :p

talontsiawd

Reaction score
DarkSideAccord said:
is there any white LED tht is actually 100% white? i like how the 7th gen accord's gauges are... white with red... sure makes me wonder how Honda got the gauges to be tht white :confused:
Well, the best way to get a real pure white would be by floresent. It doesn't have the same blue tint as white leds. Sure, alot of it is caused by the film, i'm sure. But look at the pic comparing the front dome lights in my post. White leds are a bit blue by nature. The best advice i can give when going with leds, the more the better. If you want true white, you should get rid of the film and probably add some leds. They seem to be very white until they reflect of something.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
yeaaaa. also, are the needles lit up by their own bulb/LED? or is it kinda shared?
On 6th gens, it's shared. Which sucks and many cars have a differnt bulb for the needle. You can always drill a hole though, just look at the circuit board and watch for anthing important.

retroshark

Reaction score
looks really good man! i did mine with blue LED's and its good but too dim due to the color. im going to get some white ones since they look a lot more like the color i was aiming for.

now, let me get this strait, you pulled the power and ground from the two pins pictures above, and hand wired the leds to those? sounds like a good plan, and how did you fit the actual led's into the holes on the back of the board? are they just glued in or did you use the stock housings?

talontsiawd

Reaction score
retroshark said:
looks really good man! i did mine with blue LED's and its good but too dim due to the color. im going to get some white ones since they look a lot more like the color i was aiming for.

now, let me get this strait, you pulled the power and ground from the two pins pictures above, and hand wired the leds to those? sounds like a good plan, and how did you fit the actual led's into the holes on the back of the board? are they just glued in or did you use the stock housings?
Yeah, i got power from those pins and wired everything in paralell. Then i just glued them in. That way i could aim them a with no trouble.

Back