Bad gas mileage?

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
What is your average mileage before the gas light comes on. Mine seems to be between 320-340 miles from full tank to light.

I usually shift a little over 2k RPMs when driving in town and my mileage is great. But highly merging and what not I take it up to 5-6k on the reg. Usually around 3500 rpm normal highway driving.

Next week im gonna fill all the way up. Drive 80mph to work for a week and track mileage from 0 at full tank. Fill up and check the mileage and I'll get back.

For what it's worth I have no catalytic converter and a test pipe installed along with my diy medium length intake(stock air box with the bottom side completely skeletonized). Throttle response increased by a huge margin. Before the skeletonizing i would depress the pedal and wait a second before the RPMs slowly rose. Now it's pretty much instantaneous. Makes downshifting and rev matching a breeze. I press both the clutch and gas down at the same time and double clutch it down and it's pretty much flawless every time now. Before it was hard to rev match because the huge lag in throttle response.

Back