would the rbc manifold fit in our bay?

98acclude

Reaction score
Im curious since I've learned the skunk2 wouldnt fit in our bay... I think this would be a fun project to tackle... I read about this about 3 years ago but it has since advanced and qsd makes adapters for it to fit... also rosko racing makes a complete swap for it here

and a while back I saw on h22squad.com I think the dyno difference between the rbc, skunk2, and euro r...

and skunk2 did alright and the euro won at top end but the rbc gave you tons of hp threw out the entire power band rather than just more at top end...

but does anyone know how big it is compared to skunk2? I learned from Drift that the skunk2 IM has clearance issues with the brake booster because it's about 1 er so inches longer than the oem h22 IM...

all comments welcome...

nyknick1015

Reaction score
on the f23, i would say u have more than enough room... on the h22 i would say its a tight squeeze since the head sits more back

98acclude

Reaction score
yeah the h22 manifold barely fits under the cowl as is... but the rbc manifold is built alot like a gsr intake manifold as it curls downward rather than upward like the h22... drift said that the main problem with the skunk2 IM is that it mobs on the break booster... I think the rbc manifold is smaller but Im not 100% on that.. but I think it would be a fun and beneficial mod.. I think Im going to contact rosko n see what he says since he deals with h22s all day long.

here's a couple pics of the rbc IM on a h22 in a eg hatch's bay

I heard a lot of the H2b guys run this manifold because it helps with their clearance issues with the hood

RBCH2201.jpg

RBCH2202.jpg

Last edited:

Tphong

Reaction score
I'd think it would fit. I have a skunk2 IM and it's kinda big compared to the rbc manifold picture.

Drift

Reaction score
I curious to know what they did with the flange? The bolt holes simply cant be the same, can they?

nyknick1015

Reaction score
im curious too... if it is, i will say that alot of people will be doing this soon

98acclude

Reaction score
I curious to know what they did with the flange? The bolt holes simply cant be the same, can they?

no the flange is different but the intake ports are evenly spaced... before, ppl used to cut the flange off of the rbc intake manifold and weld the h22 on... but now qsd has made an adapter to bolt it right up... :D and rosko racing has made a fuel rail for it so the h22 injectors fit and seal perfectly and you can use the stock h series fuel pressure regulator.

are we talking about an F23, H22, or both?

H22... lol I think Im gonna put that in my sig... I get asked that alot.. :p Im not well known enough on here..

[edit] fixed the sig.. :p

also i dunno if you could cut the flange off of the rbc and weld the f series one on... H22 intake ports are different from f series intake ports right? I know you can put the h23 intake manifold on the f23 head... but h22 intake manifold ports are different from the h23 right? lol

but check out the link on in the 1st post... rosko racing makes everything for H series.. and sum b series stuff... I recommend it drift.. if you're curious about it too... but I think Im gonna really try this for the build Im gettin ready to start once I get an email back from rosko to get the dimensions of the manifold compared to skunk2 and the stock h22 manifold.

[edit2] I just hear back from rosko and he said that compared to the skunk2 the intake runners are a lot smaller and the plenum isnt quite as big but that in preludes they have trouble putting them in because they hit the rear motor mount... he said we'd have quite much more clearance from the manifold to the firewall because the runners are a lot shorter unlike the skunk2... also he said it would probably be cheaper running the euro r manifold after it was all said and done... I like that idea but I like the power I saw the rbc gave the h22 threw out the entire midrange... no it didnt beat the euro r up top but it dominated all before that.

my next question to you guys are do you think we'd have trouble clearing the rear motor mount? is our rear motor mount set up the same way as in the preludes?

Last edited:

Tphong

Reaction score
If I read all the do it yourselves right, then the rear motor mount should be the same as the H22 since I didn't read anything about modding or changing that mount, So I believe it would sit as similar to the h22 in the prelude. So it might hit since the h22 is a direct bolt on to the accord.

Last edited:

98acclude

Reaction score
I just emailed rosko again... to see what he could do possibly for me... he said he'd be more than willing to help get this going for me! :D this might be a different story if I went g series possibly? Im not sure I know someone said that the skunk2 IM fit on their g series... maybe the same applies with the rbc? dunno I'll ask rosko when he emails me back again

Back