Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

JV6

Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6

I was looking into these spacers. I heard they're quality and prices aren't too bad. If i get the adapter ones that come with studs already and just use those will I be ok? If i decide to get spacers I'm going 13mm F and 19mm R. What are the dangers exactly of spacers that I wouldn't want to use it unless necessary? I dont really understand. I want the flush look with the TL wheels haha

Yeah it's just 4 wheels LOL

I ran ichiba spacers v2 with built in studs for a while without any issue. I had 15mm front n 20mm rear, over those I had an addition of 5mm spacer on top of each one lol. I torque them 80lb n drove the car n check torque again. I recommend ichiba v2 as I had good history with it.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Interesting idea lol. Wish that was in English so I could actually read the reasoning behind it.

Alright, here's the translation for ya. :)

========================

The heavy-duty model for the bigger cars being on the top sale #1. (That's the first banner when it starts in Japanese.)

Set includes:
In English. :p

Improved durability plus water resistance by updating the well-reputed brain case .
  • Supports all 24V vehicles
  • Verifies the operation by the LED lamp
  • Functions w/o running out of the vehicle's battery
  • Maintenance-free (water resistant)
  • Easy installation! No drillings necessary
  • Energy efficient ・ super compact
  • Knockdown price in the industry ・ product-liability insurance included

「Rusting is a stealthy progress. It's just like getting a cavity, and by the time you notice it..」

----★-- The outside environment is punishing for a vehicle's exterior --★----
Heat ・ Acid rain ・ Salt damage ・ Atmospheric pollutant ・ Dusts...

Rust problem is an inseparable factor of metal. It has been scientifically proven that the motion of an electrode can prevent the emergence of metal corrosion. For the past 50 years, this idea has been applied in the places such as: industrial complex, under ground pipe-line, coastal water facility, bridges etc, in Europe and the United States. The Rust Stopper utilizes this principle, and it maks the vehicle itself as the complicated DC (direct-current) circuit when the metal is exposed in the air with the factors of metal corrosion. Meaning, it makes your car rust resistance. Since ithe device operates at full-time, it is equipped with fully prepared counter measurement against the vehicle's battery failure. Ocean shore, snowfall region, air pollution, acid rain, metal dusts from industrial areas... Install the Rust Stopper, and protect your beloved vehicle from rust formation.

「Body repair gets expensive.」

Getting key'd → $200 ~ $300 + α
Neglected body dent / paint crack → $400 ~ $500 + α
A door panel replacement → $1000
「Get Rust Stopper before it becomes like those.」
*Price based on the MSRP in the market.
*+α means it may vary, depending on its severity.

■Why oxidizes the car body?
(Funky translation there haha.)

■Type of rust.
(Funky translation there haha..)

Pic of some nasty pic (of an ancient white vehicle lol) here.
RUST STOPPER, BEFORE IT BECOMES LIKE THIS!

img57891101_zpsmozcuqxf.jpg

Experiments report of the Rust Stopper:
(Left--bare metal & Right-- protected metal)

First pic --- Before.
Second pic --- 3 hrs later. After water was sprayed.
Third pic --- 48 hrs later. Obvious result. No rust on the protected metal on the right.

★☆★ last stopper ★☆★ ← Says "last" LOL!

English blah blah blah..

[Last stopper list >
English blah blah blah.

★★★★☆
I've used the similar item by the different brand for 12 years, but the car started to deteriorate, so I switched it over. I've recognized this product in ads and magazines, and this is just as I had expected. I can't tell you the effect, since I have yet to installed it, but I trust this one because it's been in the market for such a long time. It will be more awesome, if it gets upgraded and improved, becomes more compact & less expensive .

★★★★☆
Purchased this in the hopes of prolonging the life of my beloved car. My car is a compact vehicle, but I chose the regular model for a stander-sized car, since I go fishing a lot. I need more time to determine the result, but I think of it as having a walking stick ready before stumbling. It wasn't that difficult to install it, but one of the wires for sending out the signals needs to be 6ft away from a battery is something I felt it's a bit tough.

★★★☆☆
I haven't received the product yet, but I'll certainly install it when it gets here.

========================

Pretty interesting stuff imo, and I was planning on getting it until I discovered that the road salt isn't really bad in my area. But it's inevitable to completely stay away from salt in winter, so I think it's a good investment in a long run. I might be getting it down the road.:hmm:

P.S. Repped you for helping me out to choose my rsb. :)

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

^ Edited & add the translated diagram. :)

I ran ichiba spacers v2 with built in studs for a while without any issue. I had 15mm front n 20mm rear, over those I had an addition of 5mm spacer on top of each one lol. I torque them 80lb n drove the car n check torque again. I recommend ichiba v2 as I had good history with it.
I did remember you had some spacers on your TL's, so I was going to let him know about your spec haha! I was also told by my mechanics that Ichiba is one of the good choices for spacers.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Wow, thank you for translating all that. You're the man! Maybe I'm not up on 6th grade science haha, but I still don't quite understand how electrons are interacting with moisture on metal to prevent corrosion. Guess I'd have to do more reading.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Wow, thank you for translating all that. You're the man! Maybe I'm not up on 6th grade science haha, but I still don't quite understand how electrons are interacting with moisture on metal to prevent corrosion. Guess I'd have to do more reading.
NP at all! Me neither lol. But if things are working under the nature of science, I usually believe it w/o investigating unless I'm super curious haha.

Had 2-day trip to Portland OR last wk, helping out my buddy moving out to Hawaii in 2 wks. On my way back w/ loaded trunkful of goodies 'n gifts, fueling in the middle of nowhere. Yea, I was supposed to park forward lol.
a372fb6f-9669-4dfb-b291-e500c84a95c3_zpsrnovhqsg.jpg

The car still squeaks a bit, but it ran great through out the days and I had fun driving. :)

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Replaced the cabin air filter. Was only 9 months later since the last replacement, but they were pretty dirty (to me.)
IMAG5469_zps6o8anip9.jpg

Cleaned out the air intake filter as well, while I was at it. Last cleaning was 11 months ago, but it wasn't that dirty like the last year. :)

Removed some hazes on the headlight lenses as well.
IMAG5473_zpsuxigvb62.jpg

james'99

Reaction score

Replaced the cabin air filter. Was only 9 months later since the last replacement, but they were pretty dirty (to me.)
IMAG5469_zps6o8anip9.jpg

I just did mine. First time since I bought the car. What a mess. Had to use my air compressor to blow out the box completely. Can smells so much newer now.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

I just did mine. First time since I bought the car. What a mess. Had to use my air compressor to blow out the box completely. Can smells so much newer now.
I guess your parts box under your bed is getting more organized lol. Oh, must be pretty harsh there haha. I just don't really like doing this b/c my glove box wouldn't come out right away.., but it's all good 'till next yr. :)

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Updated OP w/ new pics!

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Nice photos! Also nice cover page photo, I like seeing your car when I come to the site. :)

Last edited:
Back