Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6

I’d love better sound quality and be able to control the ipod through the factory controls. Did Apple ever change the charge cable ports though? I have an old Photo 20GB, so it’s probably outdated unless they never changed.
Apple has changed ports once since your generation of iPod. It's now a lightning port, but that just changed for the iPhone 5. But you can always get an adapter.
I really didn't know what to say, b/c I'm not really an Apple user, so thanks for the answer, Evan.

Yeah, Chris. You should jump on it. :)

Anyway car looks good Richard. I may need to pick up a grounding kit, I've noticed some dimming recently
Thanks, buddy. Gl w/ the hunting game. ← If you can find some bronze cable to go w/ your IM cover, that would look tight imo. ;) Moroever, I'm jelly of your retros getting done haha.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

I really didn't know what to say, b/c I'm not really an Apple user, so thanks for the answer, Evan.

Thanks, buddy. Gl w/ the hunting game. ← If you can find some bronze cable to go w/ your IM cover, that would look tight imo. ;) Moroever, I'm jelly of your retros getting done haha.

Well I had one assembled, but couldn't get the bulb in, so I had to take it apart and start over. It's not a fun time, but it'll be worth it

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

^ Hope you're getting there by now. Yes, it'd be MPITA for majority of people, but it is a well-worth-DIY for sure!

Finished installing Nokya shift knob & OEM 5spd shift boot. :)

Time to say good bye.
61a2a50e-9a2b-48c9-8491-a8c6513a7eda_zps82d813b0.jpg

Discovered that there was a noticeable gap between the chrome top ring on the shift boot & the bottom of the shift knob, when assembled. It was bugging me, so I decided to deal w/ the Velcro tape to eliminate the gap.
37ffe87f-937c-45d0-b323-130e2eb56046_zps0a65f48a.jpg

Finished! (Forgot to tighten up the Velcros before taking this shot, but it has no more gap lol.)
c77514bf-2a48-4b93-9b62-696140d3eb92_zps4a47b803.jpg

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Looking very nice!
Thanks, man! One day, it will be the true manual shifter like yours!

PUHLEEEASE tell me where to buy that neuspeed bar! GOrgeous car btw!
Well, you prolly know this by now, but JV6 is selling it. ;) Thanks!

Just noticed that you and I work in the same field, AND we both drive SSM CG2! :rock:

^there's one for sale here:
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49423

Nice job on the shifter!
It took me more than 2 months to get the bar, so I'm really surprised to see that his is still up FS.

Thanks! (Had a little trouble mounting the boot, b/c I thought it gets mounted on the shifter, and not knowing that it was going to the console panel.)

This was yesterday, but test drove the car w/ my wifey to the frozen yogurt place.
c991c2cb-dfc1-4559-9396-e8dfb41bb7ed_zps00bfa3fd.jpg

Still feeling kinda awkward shifting the gear, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time to get used to it. :driving:

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Me and my wife love getting our fro-yo on. :lawl:

The shifter is push down, right?

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Me and my wife love getting our fro-yo on. :lawl:

The shifter is push down, right?
I'm more like an ice cream person, but I figured getting fro-yo was more convincing way of taking her out for a test drive. B/c she luuves frooo-yoo lol.

Yes sir, it's push down. :driving:

(This was actually an impulse buy, when I met James. I haven't asked him what he does for living, but I bet he can be a great sales person lol. He was also the one who convinced me getting the OEM side skirts from his buddy, instead of getting BR's PU reps on ebay.) Not to mention that I'm happy w/ my decisions.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Installed the big 3 ground wiring by Tsunami Competition series w/ Knukonceptz in-line fuse.

From the alternator to:
bc0d8ba49088c1b248529fe81e292130.jpg

To the positive battery terminal. (The longest wire w/ the fuse, going around my battery to the terminal.)
00ab106b288d1c3b9ea6b2e7ba6cefbd.jpg

From the battery terminal to the transmission.
From the battery terminal to the front body frame.
19fc750271e1a74f99b0188f3a52e8a1.jpg

From the side of the engine to the strut tower.
de27a8e5c54e420714aa4a325a6a3643.jpg

It has been mentioned that there is going to be some improvements in the vehicle's acceleration, audio performance, and lighting output (brightness).

But what surprised me the most was the audio quality improvement among all. Bass became a lot tighter, mid-bass is a lot more distinct, and treble is crispier. (My audio is stock, but the front components are aftermarket & the doors are fully Dynamatted.) With this ground wiring upgrade, I can turn up the volume control all the way to near 80% w/ no distortion whatsoever (bass setting being +2). The lower frequency (low bass) is definitely there way more than ever before this upgrade, and I don't need a subwoofer. (Unless you're kind of a person who want to impress others. -Letting others hear your bass from your car.-)

Vehicle's running performance was kinda hard to tell, since I was driving w/ my wife in my car for the most part, but I'll see if I can tell the difference by myself next time. My tac meter used to drop quite noticeably at idle, every time I used my power feature, especially windows & seats, but it is pretty much eliminated. It still drops noticeably when the AC activates, but for such a power to be endured, I might need to replace my 12-year-old alternator or something.

My headlights stopped dimming when using power windows as well.

All in all, I am quite surprised & happy about getting such noticeable improvements. :)

Last edited:
Back