Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

WizadOfOz

Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6

I wanted a black one, when I was hunting for a CG2, back in '07, b/c it looked so mean 'n aggressive. But I had no luck w/ the black one, since they were all extra high milleage. I'm settled w/ this SSM, and can't be happier now tho. :)

Alright! Got the exhausts installed! Gonna create a separate post now!

The grille tape complimented the silver background, with a black car is much harder to differentiate the accents. Looking forward to the dual muffler page!

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

^ Thanks, Ozzy!

I'm about to finish it up! Here I go!

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Time to reveal what I chose for my exhausts upgrade.

'14-'15 Accord Sedan Dual Mufflers w/ Y-pipe. (Part#18307-T2G-A11)

Unlike 6gen V6's, the Y-pipe is built in as a whole piece. Also, purchased 2 muffler tips, 2 mounting rubbers, and 2 bolts for the tips.
e65afad7ec3698e0520f962f9a894e9a.jpg

Here's the fresh look, right after the work being done at the shop.
99771d28252f06e8ebc78c4b2b20133c.jpg

BEFORE: (Taken in 2012)
89ece2f4d5b62121fc1e3087e62140b4.jpg

AFTER:
b9d2cdecd1a7d061ef7b989f3f1738b1.jpg

Basically, the shop did three things for the exhausts to be mounted on my car:

1. They had to recreate and modify the location of the exhaust hangers so that the original hanging locations on my car were the same with the new mufflers. (The bushings for the hangers are the OEM pieces.)

2. The Y-pipe had to be modified in order to get a superior exhaust tip outlet location on the rear bumper. They had to cut off and shorten the left part of the Y-pipe about 7cm. (See the weld mark in the pic above.)

3. Instead of welding the Y-pipe directly to the stock piping, they made a slide fitting which is secured with a clamp so that the rear section can actually be removed by itself, if needed in the future.

On the ground. Loving the muffler tips; Kinda remind me of the old school Magnaflow.
0758d308d9e4c11a963ea8ca78dcb39f.jpg

I actually noticed that the left muffler is mounted slightly lower, and so as the left part of the Y-pipe. Will visit the shop tomorrow to follow up on this. Hopefully it wont be PITA for them to realign it.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Interesting. Would like to see a straight-on rear shot. Somehow I believe more photos are coming. :)

It looks good, those mufflers really hug the spare tire. Were you able to do any measuring beforehand or did you just buy this and figured you'd make it fit somehow?

Is the 9GA piping the same diameter as the 6GA?

spacemonkee23

Reaction score

Time to reveal what I chose for my exhausts upgrade.

9th Generation Honda Accord Sedan Touring V6 Mufflers.

Unlike 6gen V6's, the Y-pipe is built in as a whole piece. Also, purchased 2 muffler tips, 2 mounting rubbers, and 2 bolts for the tips.
IMAG5123_zpseftlckrt.jpg

Here's the fresh look, right after the work being done at the shop.
IMG_3502_zpsmljkjkmt.jpg

BEFORE: (Taken in 2012)
IMAG0209_zpsomhyzump.jpg

AFTER:
IMG_3503__zpskdon6hnc.jpg

Basically, the shop did three things for the exhausts to be mounted on my car:

1. They had to modify the location of the exhaust hangers so that the original hanging locations on my car were the same with the new mufflers.

2. The Y-pipe had to be modified in order to get a superior exhaust tip outlet location on the rear bumper. They had to cut off and shorten the left part of the Y-pipe about 7cm. (See the weld mark in the pic above.)

3. Instead of welding the Y-pipe directly to the stock piping, they made a slide fitting which is secured with a clamp so that the rear section can actually be removed by itself, if needed in the future.

On the ground. Loving the muffler tips; Kinda remind me of the old school Magnaflow.
IMAG5135__zpsqkemnq0h.jpg

I actually noticed that the left muffler is mounted slightly lower, and so as the left part of the Y-pipe. Will visit the shop tomorrow to follow up on this. Hopefully it wont be PITA for them to realign it.

Looks great! Love the look of the exhaust and the grill work looks perfect. Very clean, nicely done. :favorites13:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

:love::love::love:

Now how's the sound?!
:rock::rock::rock:

Quiet as heaven. Lol I mean, no change whatsoever from the stock exhausts. I just like to keep my car as quiet as possible, and stay away from cops. :burnout:

Interesting. Would like to see a straight-on rear shot. Somehow I believe more photos are coming. :)

It looks good, those mufflers really hug the spare tire. Were you able to do any measuring beforehand or did you just buy this and figured you'd make it fit somehow?

Is the 9GA piping the same diameter as the 6GA?
Here's the straight-on shot. Sry, for the poor pic quality tho..
IMAG5141___zpsj7yspnmn.jpg

You bet. More proper photos will be coming out soon. ;)

Thanks. The mufflers seem to be pretty much the same size w/ the 6gen's; That was good. I just stopped by at the local Honda dealer, and took a few pics of the 9GA underneath, b/c I wanted to see the structural difference, in general, with my own eyes and show it to the shop. While I was taking this pic, two gals working at the front desk were laughing at me crawling underneath the car lol.
IMAG49051_zpstu68ivdn.jpg

The structure was pretty similar, except the Y-pipe was located a lot lower than 6GA, so I went to the shop to talk about it. They said that they had to physically take a look at the new mufflers+Y-pipe, so I just bought it and brought it into the shop. My original plan was to have the shop make a custom Y-pipe for the 9GA mufflers, so I kinda knew it could be done.

As far as the pipe diameter goes, they are different but more like in terms of its shape. 6GA stock piping is oval, and 9GA's is circular. When they made the detachable slide fitting, where the 9GA Y-pipe meets my stock piping, they had to press the 9GA's Y-pipe inlet to an oval shape along with the slide fitting.

Looks great! Love the look of the exhaust and the grill work looks perfect. Very clean, nicely done. :favorites13:
Thanks! It was def worth waiting for 8 years to upgrade my exhausts. :)

Well, I went to the shop today to see if they could realign the mufflers evenly. They did adjust it, but the left side is still hanging lower (the Y-pipe) so I will have to revisit them. Had only 15 min time frame 'till heading out to work, so I couldn't ask them to correct it again.. But it's getting there tho.

Last edited:

DrOwZee

Reaction score

Brahhhh, im loving that 9thgen mufflers. I would def go these route if i ever get rid of my ws2.

Looking good as always.
:thumbsup:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Brahhhh, im loving that 9thgen mufflers. I would def go these route if i ever get rid of my ws2.

Looking good as always.
:thumbsup:
Good to hear that, bud. Not only the beefy muffler tips, but the canisters are slightly visible, below the rear bumper lip from the side view, which makes it more aggressive. I'll take some pics of that. ;)

Thanks!

Gonna wash the car, and take some pics w/ the decent camera if time allows. :)

Back