Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Re: (*o*)/"'___May 25th 2013 Update w/ Pics___Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (5

Yeah I feel you there. With having a kid I am usually only allowed 1 hour to get it washed and cleaned up most of the time. They look like they would hold up good though. I am just worried about the chrome coming off more than anything. I guess then you could just plastidip them.

Thanks again for the update on the hip pads.
I have a feeling that my time (and money I spend) for my car will be cut down a lot, when I have kids lol. Until then, my plan is to finish off major updates that cost a lot. :naughty:

Yes. If they ever do, P-dipping is a good way to go as well. Or, your another extra set will become handy.

You're welcome, Daniel.

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Re: ( ゚Д゚)y─┛゜゜゜ Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (56K)

Updated the future plan. :Smoker:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Re: ┏(゜д゜)yー┛''' '' ' Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (56K)

Honda genuine front bumper --- purchased
Authentic OEM optional style side skirts --- purchased
Bayson R Polyurethane OEM optional style front lip --- purchased
Bayson R Polyurethane OEM optional style rear lip --- purchased
Front emblem --- purchased
Missing bumper clip --- purchased

Still contemplating on clear bra on the side skirts... :coffee:

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (56K)

Alex (akoutmos) came over to my place today, and we test-fit my '98-'00 OEM optional side skirts. For some reasons, I thought there was going to be a minor modification required to make them fit on my '02, and we were anxious to find out. But then...

Yeah there made for 98 to 00 n should fit without hassle.

...Your are right about that. The internal structure of my factory one & the OE optional one was identical. It was 100% direct-fit. It only took 5min. :)

IMAG2639_zps18fd8ed1.jpg

IMAG2641_zps3b33e799.jpg

160def94-c30f-4747-8473-857157417813_zps37c0775a.jpg

We used my own white plastic clips off of my outer panel, and didn't even need to use those other ones that came w/ the skirts in a Ziploc you see.

The installation only took 5 min. :)

It was good to know that the placement of the skirt can be adjusted to front⇔back by the locations of those white plastic clips on the side skirts.

IMAG2640_zpsa291e7e8.jpg

My factory splash guards CAN be mounted over the skirts with a bit of trimmings. This will be also fun to work on.

Last edited:

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (56K)

Those look sick man!

It's Always great to have something bought for the car that is plug and play..and no modding required. :thumbsup:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Those look sick man!

It's Always great to have something bought for the car that is plug and play..and no modding required. :thumbsup:
Thanks, buddy.

In this case for my side skirts, yeah because they didn't become 01-02 exclusive by some modifications I was imagining to fit my 02. (Meaning not loosing its value.)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Congrats on finding some OEM side underspoilers! Where did you get them? Excited to see them on your car. They are direct fit, just the front and rear lips will require some modification. Rear only requires a little bit. Front is the big project haha.

My factory splash guards CAN be mounted over the skirts with a bit of trimmings. This will be also fun to work on.

Nice! I have a set I want to do this with too. I think our cars will be the first 6GA’s I’ve seen with the OEM kit and OEM splash guards together.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Congrats on finding some OEM side underspoilers! Where did you get them? Excited to see them on your car. They are direct fit, just the front and rear lips will require some modification. Rear only requires a little bit. Front is the big project haha.
Thanks, Chris! It was actually James (JV6) that told me the skirts were sitting around in my town. His friend Henry (hc529) bought them from Bill (Blackdeath), but Henry sold his 6gen so I bought them from him. Was extremely lucky. I purchased BR's PU kits for my front & rear. Based on Jake's (Moneypit) work, I don't have that much of an effort on that lol. It looks like the rear PU lip will look fine w/ my new skirts.

Nice! I have a set I want to do this with too. I think our cars will be the first 6GA’s I’ve seen with the OEM kit and OEM splash guards together.
Yeah, I'm excited to work on that! It will be even more OEM+. When the time comes, I'll promise you that I'll post a nice DIY thread. ;)

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

I was going over my thread, and noticed a couple of things:

You pay such painstaking attention to detail, I don't think even I'm that anal haha.
For some reasons, I thought you were talking about my sound deadening list of mods b/c that section is a bit too anal lol.

Well, since I've been getting a great deal of ideas from other members' ride threads, I thought I should also make mine to the best I can in a way of my contribution w/ appreciation. ;) And the list became quite anal for doing that lol.

Richard, does your trunk floor sag/bend down without your spare tire ? I'd like to remove mine too but my floor doesn't stay flat as there's nothing under there to hold it up..
I know you're departing from the 6gen game but...:sad: for those of you who have the same issue, this box from IKEA will solve the problem. ;)

Had an impulse buy at Ikea today.
samla-insert-for-box--and--gallon__79989_PE204091_S4_zps9c2e3af7.jpg

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50102973/

It fits right into the spare tire enclosure w/o having the floor sagged down with no spare tire in it. I was looking for something that supports the trunk floor w/o my spare tire, and this is it. :)

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Yes. Nothing so special lol.

I can finally post a front shot for the first time.

IMAG2787_zpsd9d5aa9c.jpg

Back