White6GAV6's Coupe (Updated: 04/30/2015) (56k nono)

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: White6GAV6's '00 Coupe (Updated: 10/27/2014) [Wheels On] (56k nono)

Saw this on Facebook, love this shade of blue. One question though, do you now have to change your user name :p

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

That shade of blue looks awesome! Quick question. What happens when you go on roads where rocks kick up and impact the plastidip?

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Re: White6GAV6's Not So White '00 Coupe (Updated: 11/17/2014) [Car Dipped] (56k nono)

Looks great, man. You're miles ahead of me now. I've still yet to cut and fit the WW skirts to my coupe.

Should think about putting a clear bra on that front bumper, or maybe putting some painter's tape between the front lip and bumper. I've got the same scuffs on mine.

I was actually just thinking about putting some painters tape there to try it.

looks even better in person ;)
coincidence that the companies banner is almost the same color as your car?

Thanks. Yeah I noticed that the other day, it's a coincidence haha.

Saw this on Facebook, love this shade of blue. One question though, do you now have to change your user name :p

Thanks. I really should change it to something more general since I always change things.

That shade of blue looks awesome! Quick question. What happens when you go on roads where rocks kick up and impact the plastidip?

Since there are 12 coats on it, the dip is super durable. The guy said he was driving behind a dump truck and it was dropping rocks but they just broke on the dip and then you could wipe it off.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Thanks. It was $600. Decided to try it because of a couple shows that were coming up and my car needed something to make it all even. I'm happy with it
That is surprisingly less expensive for 12 coatings, considering the time to dry between the coatings. I thought it would be more than $1000.

White6GAV6

Reaction score

That is surprisingly less expensive for 12 coatings, considering the time to dry between the coatings. I thought it would be more than $1000.

Yeah it wasn't too bad. Got it back within 48 hours too.

I'll just leave this here
23v11fm.jpg

Last edited:

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wow, very nice, you're really making me like stretched tires and extreme camber!

Varnell

Reaction score

Wow, very nice, you're really making me like stretched tires and extreme camber!

It's a slippery slope. I didn't understand why lowered cars looked broken and thought it was dumb.

Then you lower your car a bit. Get some wider wheels and slightly stretch the tires. Then you just keep wanting more. :hmm:

White6GAV6

Reaction score

I've always liked the look, but just hate the way people do it in the States. Trying to do things the right way like they do in Japan.

It's a slippery slope. I didn't understand why lowered cars looked broken and thought it was dumb.

Then you lower your car a bit. Get some wider wheels and slightly stretch the tires. Then you just keep wanting more. :hmm:

Exactly. I remember when I first got my car I never thought it would be here. It's been a fun journey though

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Love these wheels, great choice. I would have liked to see more conservative specs but I can appreciate all the work that went into the setup. The dip looks really nice, sounds like an affordable way to give a car a completely new look. Glad the finish will hold up.

PlowingLeaves!

Reaction score

Wide wheels done right on an accord! Hopefully I can follow your footsteps and go wide wheels and wide tires on my sedan. Your thread has been an inspiration to me.

Just seeing that anything is possible with the time, money and hard work gives me hopes for my build. Great looking car sir.

Back