Running over plastic bags can cost you .. Lots ..

Bax

Reaction score
man you can drive on that sh!t for months before your axle goes out. It is almost as cheap to replace the axle as it is to replace just the boot when it comes to having a shop do it. I say drive on it and not worry about it until you start hearing it click really bad.

This. i rode around with both of my front boots busted for a year, clicking every time i turned, and me and my dad just replaced the axles.
You can ride around on it for a long time, just until the popping gets really bad.

sorry to see that though!

slowrider87

Reaction score
just fix the thing and fix it right. replace the whole axle. when mine blew on my 5th gen it was BARELY more expensive to replace the whole thing than it would have been if i just bought a boot. but less work.

no offense to all of you guys saying "man you can ride around on that sh*t"... sure... you CAN... but if you DON'T HAVE TO then WHY would you drive around on something you know is faulty. axles are finicky. you could rock it for a couple days or you could rock it fora year. depends on how you drive, where you drive, when you drive. it could go at any time. for example if you drive crazy down gravel roads in the rain. your screwed.

the ONLY reason you shouldn't fix it now is if you are in a financial pinch, can't afford to have a shop do it, and don't know how to do it yourself.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys !! I had it replaced today cuz I didn't wanna fk up my 4th lol. Plus, LA streets are unforgiving .. So I didn't know how long it would last exactly ..

Bax

Reaction score
Now no more driving over plastic bags mister! :lawl:

Bax

Reaction score
Lol I saw one today and was like :skurred:

Lol that reminded me of the commercial on tv where the guy ran off the road because of the squirrel, and the squirrel like high-fived another squirrel. hahaha

Back