Error code P1751

Akingkhan

Reaction score
Ok so last Sunday we had a meet in the bay on my way there my car started shifting rough. I put in some bars transmission additive with no improvements on the trans. I ended up driving my car home in 2nd gear (home was about 140 miles away) today was the 1st time I had a chance 2 look @ my car. That's the code that that came up. So I reset it n the cel went off then I took it out 4 a drive n it shifted fine through all the gears about 5 min n 2 the drive it started acting up agin n the cel came back on. The trans fluid was changed last Friday w synthetic ATF could that b the cause? I know the code says it's shift solenoid valve B. but is that all it is, or is my transmission toasted? Has any 1 replaced the solenoid or had similar problems?

Akingkhan

Reaction score
Clean out the shift selonoids first. If that don't help then replacement is recommended.

Did a lot of research n yeah I pulled the shift solenoid valves, lock up control solenoid checked the impudence cleaned every thing w carb choke cleaner n reinstalled n it ran great drove it about 20 miles w/o any problems I just hope it stays all good

Thanx

001Stunna

Reaction score
Drain and refill your fluid with OEM HONDA ATFDW1. I'd say do it at least twice if you added some other aftermarket crap inside there.

Also replacing the 2nd/3rd clutch pressure switches would be reccomended.( A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valves A and B, one is located under distributor towards the firewall, one is above and towards the firewall from the tranny drain plug on an i4)

Shift control solenoids valve B/C at times can have their plug slip out. Start by making sure the plug is tight and clipped in. You can also check them by checking their resistance with an ohm meter. It should be 12 - 25 ohms. The same applies for the Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Valve/Shift Solenoid Valve A which has a screen/filter underneath.

Did a lot of research n yeah I pulled the shift solenoid valves, lock up control solenoid checked the impudence cleaned every thing w carb choke cleaner n reinstalled n it ran great drove it about 20 miles w/o any problems I just hope it stays all good

Thanx

Last edited:

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
How's the trans holding up now? I have the same problem it's driving how you described yours is driving but I have the P0730 code instead.

The supplier I bought the trans from said to swap out the solenoids, I think he said pressure control and shift control solenoids, but I'd rather clean them and see if it makes a difference since they're pretty pricey.
How did you clean them out?

Akingkhan

Reaction score
I took out the all the solenoids n cleaned them w/ carb choke cleaner they take a 10mm socket 2 of them r right in front facing ur radiator the other 2 r facing up next 2 the starter.
Every thing has been running good except 4 I had a lil bit of slipping from 1-2. I changed out the fluid agin last night so ill keep u guys posted

Edit: I have put 300 miles on the car w/o any problems w/ the transmission

Last edited:
Back