Speedometer drops to zero

james'99

Reaction score
Awesome. Looks like I'll have to find someone who can help me out lol

I'm going to get a replacement ELD tomorrow and see if that fixes anything.

Keep in mind four things.

Changes were made a little bit in 01 so don't try it on an '01 or '02.

If you try it on a 2000, make sure it is F23A1 and not A4. 2000 was the first year they offered the ULEV model with a manual transmission.

The coupe uses the same ECU as the sedan.

You may be able to get away with trying it on an auto trans car. I imagine the manual ecm is just depinned where the auto stuff would be. That said, it will probably just throw a VSS code. I wouldn't try driving it. That won't work, but running it should be okay. You'd have to jump the pins for the clutch inhibitor.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Still can't find an ecu. Took off the column cover to see if anything was grounding out there and I found that this was unplugged but I couldn't find a place for it to plug back in? Anybody know?
image1_zps657a8a0a.jpg

Jordan_H

Reaction score
The other day I swapped ecus and tried to start the car. It wouldn't start. I just really love looking at this car sit.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I'm trying to drive the car again to make sure this is fixed before I H22 swap. It has to be a problem with wiring or a bad ground. Can someone tell me all the ground locations on an f23a manual 98 ex.

james'99

Reaction score
I'm trying to drive the car again to make sure this is fixed before I H22 swap. It has to be a problem with wiring or a bad ground. Can someone tell me all the ground locations on an f23a manual 98 ex.

Hmmm... Battery to body. Battery to trans. And motor mount to body on driver side. I believe that is it... I feel like there has to be one more. You could always run straight 4 gauge ground from battery to motor just to see.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Hmmm... Battery to body. Battery to trans. And motor mount to body on driver side. I believe that is it... I feel like there has to be one more. You could always run straight 4 gauge ground from battery to motor just to see.

I'm pulling dash soon. Will make it easier to to see the wiring and I need to take it out anyways to paint it. Hopefully I see something that is not like the others. The motor was swapped by previous owner. He may have slightly messed up somewhere. Time to find out

Back