Routing for catch can on turbo f23

F23accordowner

Reaction score
Hey i know this topic has been beaten to death and i read the thread about diy install on the catch can from the PCV valve to the IM. However couple questions.

1) Is it possible to delete the pcv valve and use open port to run to a catch can.
2) I desperately need to vent more pressure from the crank case, and the little intake port and pcv valve dont seem to vent enough. Therefore i want to drill the cover and run a catch can with 2 -10an lines to a "breather Box".
3) if you run catch can in line of the pcv valve, wont it see boost through the hose that connects the IM to the pcv valve (especially if you remove pcv valve)
4) if i run a catch can breather box setup what do i do with the extra ports on valve cover (stock one on left for the intake tube, and the stock pcv valve) Should i just put a breather on the left port, and somehow do the same on the pcv port? (assuming i delete the pcv valve)
5) lastly, i get a ton of blowby, and my turbonetics turbo just took a dump (tons of shaft play, oily residue on intake side blades) so i am looking at relieving most amount of pressure as possible.

I know this may be difficult to read but i am so lost for best solution. Thanks in advance!

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
http://oilcatchcan.com/

Everything you ask should be summed up in this broken down explanation of what you are asking.

You are getting way more then the usual blow by because your turbo crapped the bed, so that's going to happen.
Read the explanation in the link here and rebuild the turbo, install a PROPER breather box (don't cheap out and make sure you have the proper baffles in place for the valve cover and catch can).

Last edited:

dawg316

Reaction score
best way is to weld 2 fittings onto the valve cover and rung them to a vented catchcan remotly mounted in the engine bay. id probably recomend putting a small baffle plate behind the valve cover bungs aswell to prevent liquid oil being drawn in ( just need oil pressure vapour)

the pcv valve is a one way valve / check valve so it will see boost but wont let boost enter the crank case via valve cover.

If it was me the best way would be.

Weld shut the original pcv hole in the valve cover. weld in 2 -10AN bungs or even barb bungs if your a cheap *** to your catchcan and also weld in baffle plates behind your valve cover bungs to prevent oil being drawn into your catchcan.

rember a catchcan is to relieve excessive crankcase pressures and also draw out the residual oil found in the crank case vapours

F23accordowner

Reaction score
so i have researched a baffled non welded an fitting that would allow me to do this at home all DIY.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12AN-No-Wel...ash=item4b03ca3cab:g:GaEAAOSwwo1Xf-wJ&vxp=mtr

i could not attach the image due to my restrictions on size posting so i left the link.

i will now have 2 catch cans, one for the inline PCV, and one with a double -10 or -12 an lines to another catch can from the valve cover. while leaving the original vent tube that would normally go to intake (pre manifold) with just a breather filter. Does this sound like im headed in the right direction? I can not afford, nor have the equipment/skills to weld anything, thats why i researched the vac baffle fitting. Also i need to figure out where i am going to put the new catch tank....its a pretty big one with 4 ports and 2 breathers on top. Maybe it fits next to the acc. hoses, or i move the battery. Or i even think i could get it to fit under the bat tray...sounds crazy but might be possible.

Back