JDM tow hook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
why did you rotate the front like that? it looks tacky imo, i'd go for just the rear and maybe if you get some other nice **** for your car then think about the front one

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
i think it would look out of place since u don't have many mods..but if ur planning on getting more stuff then go for it...i bought mine just for looks because they really serve no purpose unless installed correctly..and they still are probably not necessary..

ohhhh and i also bought mine because it was just 10 bucks!!!

pyaarawala

Reaction score
In my opinion, its an eyesore. That is one thing i've hated about the import scene since i got involved about 7 years ago...adding things. I just think most cars look better simplified, taking things off rather than putting it back on. I love how our cars don't have antennas, no moldings, etc (i have a coupe). Those are the things i would want to get rid of. So sticking on "accessories" is not my thing.

+1

simplesedan99

Reaction score
i would go for functionality more then looks...i wouldnt want some dumb *** tow truck guy to come and hook up to something that isnt supposed to be hooked up on...lol...

david5788

Reaction score
i would go for functionality more then looks...i wouldnt want some dumb *** tow truck guy to come and hook up to something that isnt supposed to be hooked up on...lol...

listen to this guy ^^^ he knows wassup, wait until you get your car towed and you will stand there and say damn i wish i had a tow hook, also it serves are protection for idiots trying to park close to my car or tailgaters that get a lil too close

until you guys are in that situation stfu dont knock the tow hooks

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Uh..our cars have stock tow hooks and hook up points that are MORE than adequate ..So I don't see any purpose in these? Tow hooks are intended for race cars; cars that are dead on the track and need to be moved quickly, cars that have no stock/oem tow hooks, cars that are too low on the track to jack up or get under to hook onto... I hate to say it but yes the tow hooks your looking at have functionality but..they are more looks than anything for us. I've had my car towed SEVERAL times and never once have I nor the tow truck driver said "Wow, wish you would have had an expensive set of tow hooks to make my life easier." They don't "tow" your car anyway lol it's FWD, it's pretty much ALWAYS loaded onto a flatbed truck.

Besides if you're really into the "functionality" of it all and seriously just want to in case you need to be "towed"..why spend $$$ on polished ones that chains will just mar and ding up?...why not just get some cheaper painted ones that can be repainted and touched up...

and yeah I agree with some of the others here..it's an eye sore, sticks too far out.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
listen to this guy ^^^ he knows wassup, wait until you get your car towed and you will stand there and say damn i wish i had a tow hook, also it serves are protection for idiots trying to park close to my car or tailgaters that get a lil too close

until you guys are in that situation stfu dont knock the tow hooks

Why are you telling us to stfu and not to knock the tow hooks? We're not knocking anything just stating our opinions. The op asked for our opinions after all.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Goodness....everybody getting panties in a wad lately...i still don't think it serves any purpose..since like daryll said, we drive FWD cars...

i just have mine for looks...AND now nobody will bump into my car until they go threw the tow hook haha...soo it is more so insurance...that only cost 10 bucks

david5788

Reaction score
aye mang im peaceful i never say that kinda sh!t to offend people, its a forum i dont want to be hated, but i have tow hooks on my car and around here tow hooks are very useful when the streets of SJ break your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back