UPDATED: Evan's Quest for a J32 6MT 6GA

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Re: Evan's Quest for a 6MT 6GA

Nice pickup.

I had my 5mt sedan and the day after it was totaled I found my 5mt coupe. I had a hell of a time trying to find junked 5mt parts last month, though. Never realized they were so rare.

I'm know, tell me about it. I really would like a 5mt sedan as a daily driver that way I could swap all my old stuff off the coupe to that, and have a great low daily that gets like 32mpg. But I don't need three cars and my little S10 is just so practical

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

Transmission mounts came today. When this tax returns comes, it's either harness or J32. Still deciding

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

Alright, so just to throw this out there, Richie does not make any more harness's for this platform. I called him and he said just too little support. So I've been hunting two used harness's and both of them won't return calls/texts/messages/ etc...

But today I found on the FB page that a new guy has apparently started re-pinning your stock harness to go with whatever motor/trans combo you decide to go with. So if this turns out to be legit, could I use just another stock harness from a parts car with the same motor and transmission as my car? I'd assume it has to be same, because I'd like to be able to drive the car while the harness is away. I can't see why the engine harness or chassis harness would be different from car to car.

So my question to you all is, could I get a V6 parts car with a bad trans, grab the wiring harnesses I need, and use them in the coupe?

james'99

Reaction score

Alright, so just to throw this out there, Richie does not make any more harness's for this platform. I called him and he said just too little support. So I've been hunting two used harness's and both of them won't return calls/texts/messages/ etc...

But today I found on the FB page that a new guy has apparently started re-pinning your stock harness to go with whatever motor/trans combo you decide to go with. So if this turns out to be legit, could I use just another stock harness from a parts car with the same motor and transmission as my car? I'd assume it has to be same, because I'd like to be able to drive the car while the harness is away. I can't see why the engine harness or chassis harness would be different from car to car.

So my question to you all is, could I get a V6 parts car with a bad trans, grab the wiring harnesses I need, and use them in the coupe?

I mean, I don't see the issue here. It just may take a bit of doing to swap it out later but with the engine out, it shouldn't be too bad.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

If you have the stock harness and the harness from the donor car that has whatever longblock you are using, sounds like that's all this guy would need to get you up and running. I hope he knows what he's doing.

spacemonkee23

Reaction score

If this is true it opens a huge door. I've been hunting a richie harness for quite some time now. I've been narrowed down to two options until this came to light.

Either find a richie harness and do only a 6MT J30 or find a reasonably priced 03 CL-S donor and do a full J32 6MT swap. I've had my eye out for both. Which ever comes first is what I'll do.

There was a guy on FB selling his almost full 6MT swap (all except the 6MT bec it was blown) He had everything else and he wanted $1500. Pedals, richie harness, shifter, mounts, etc. I passed on it because he was over 2000mi away and I wanted to see everything to make sure it worked before I got it (everything was still installed in his sedan). This my DD and I need a quick turnaround during the swap. I should have just done it!

Can you link the post of the Repin guy?

Last edited:

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

I mean, I don't see the issue here. It just may take a bit of doing to swap it out later but with the engine out, it shouldn't be too bad.

That's what I'm saying. A little bit more work, but I can make most of my money back parting out the car.

If you have the stock harness and the harness from the donor car that has whatever longblock you are using, sounds like that's all this guy would need to get you up and running. I hope he knows what he's doing.

I hope so as well. But that's also a plus of having another harness. If it doesnt end up working, I can use it in limp mode if need be.

If this is true it opens a huge door. I've been hunting a richie harness for quite some time now. I've been narrowed down to two options until this came to light.

Either find a richie harness and do only a 6MT J30 or find a reasonably priced 03 CL-S donor and do a full J32 6MT swap. I've had my eye out for both. Which ever comes first is what I'll do.

There was a guy on FB selling his almost full 6MT swap (all except the 6MT bec it was blown) He had everything else and he wanted $1500. Pedals, richie harness, shifter, mounts, etc. I passed on it because he was over 2000mi away and I wanted to see everything to make sure it worked before I got it (everything was still installed in his sedan). This my DD and I need a quick turnaround during the swap. I should have just done it!

Can you link the post of the Repin guy?

Yea, I'll have to find it real quick, then I'll post up the link.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

Well, picked up a J32 today out of a 02 CL-S, auto sadly. Did manage to get the harness in one piece, so hopefully that will help out a bit. Will post pictures tomorrow when I clean it up.

Back