Hid Ballast

guytv

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the H1 ballast and the 9006 ballast are interchangeable? I retrofitted my headlights awhile ago to mini H1. I reused my old 9006 ballast and paired it with h1 hid bulbs. I used the wiring from the 9006 bulb (the one that has the male and female plug that goes into the car headlight wiring and into the ballast). It works, but I'm looking to buy a new kit as mines are getting old. If I buy an H1 hid kit it will comes with bulbs and ballasts for H1. I was wondering if anybody knows if the H1 ballast will fit for our cars. Or would I have to buy a 9006 ballast and h1 bulbs separately?

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i'm pretty sure you still have to buy the 9006 kit since the cars plugs for the bulbs are for 9006, and then just buy the h1 bulbs to use with your hid kit. i always had a 9006 kit with h1 bulbs after i did my retro. if you buy a complete h1 hid kit, the part that is supposed to plug into your cars harness most likely won't plug in and you'd have to cut and splice wires.

guytv

Reaction score
i'm pretty sure you still have to buy the 9006 kit since the cars plugs for the bulbs are for 9006, and then just buy the h1 bulbs to use with your hid kit. i always had a 9006 kit with h1 bulbs after i did my retro. if you buy a complete h1 hid kit, the part that is supposed to plug into your cars harness most likely won't plug in and you'd have to cut and splice wires.

Alright. I was thinking the same thing but was unsure about it. Thanks :waytogo:

Back