got an 02' coupe bumper...question

white beauty

Reaction score
like the title says....got it from a buddy who was getting rid of his....my question is will one of those custom mesh grills like this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

fit onto the bumper...i figure i will have to cut the grill area..but how exactly dos it go on...do u just glue it to the bumper???

also im kinda broke and dont want to pay someone to paint this bumper...can someone link me to a site that explains how to DIY paint the bumper...where do i get the paint and other materials i need as well???? thanks alot guys

krylonking104

Reaction score
#1, thats not a real carbon fiber grill...so its kinda rice status.... and #2, dont cut your bumper unless you have experience working with plastics like the such, one f up and you could be costing yourself an entire bumper, and lemme tell you, it suck...been there before lol:bash:

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
the size of the grill is different than the 98-00 inserts. you are SOL..... just paint it black if you wish.

white beauty

Reaction score
alright thanks guys....ill just leave it stock...cant wait to have this front end conversion done...anyone know how to DIY paint the bumper so it matches the car??? any links would help thanks

98acclude

Reaction score
honestly I would just go talk to a local body shop and ask them how they do it... I think it's alot more than just sprayin on sum paint which you prolly know that already but if it were me I would say piss on finding out how on the internet and I'd go to my local body shop to ask for tips n stuff

white beauty

Reaction score
^^^true...the thing with going to a local body shop tho is that i doubt they will give me tips on how to do it myself...they'll prolly give me some "good deal" on them painting it lol

98acclude

Reaction score
they tired to tell me that they would paint stuff on my car for X amount of dollars and then I asked one of the guys in the actual shop and he helped me out alot. never hurts to try though. :) good luck mang

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
meh, I'd get it done professionally. Get it done once, have it be a good quality paint job, have it match with the rest of ur paint, and be done with it. :)

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
yes from experience and messing up a brand new bumper..the type R grills from 98-00 do NOT fit...needs to be highly modded to make work and flow good. I wasted 100$ on a bumper and fresh paint..ha wont make that mistake again.

Back