Dashkit?

CG3[toed]SLOTH

Reaction score
preparing to install a new headunit. any suggestions on what dashkit i should get? looking for most quality, durability and looks
any suggestions with pics would be great.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
ehh, the only one i know of is the metra one....and its less than "nice" looks.

are you going from an oem double din down to a single din type of headunit? if you are, i would really recommend the oem pocket with the door on the front of it. its around $20 and all you need is just a couple of small screws. i used some small wood screws i got from walmart, haha.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
if youre not going with the OEM pocket, the metra looks better in my opinion, than the "american something" thats also out there.

just know the metra kind of bows up in the middle for some reason. don't beat it up when youre putting it in/taking it out and it'll last. almost at 4 years with mine with no broken tabs.

Accord281

Reaction score
I have an OEM pocket with a door on the front and I love it. IMO aftermarket dash kits just don't look right. I can't remember if mine came out of a 95 Accord or 98 Accord, but I think pretty much any pocket out of any 5th to 6th gen Accord should work just fine. They are all single din size, so they would fit with a single din head unit.

xx24xx

Reaction score
i have an oem pocket with a door on the front and i love it. Imo aftermarket dash kits just don't look right. I can't remember if mine came out of a 95 accord or 98 accord, but i think pretty much any pocket out of any 5th to 6th gen accord should work just fine. They are all single din size, so they would fit with a single din head unit.

qft

xx24xx

Reaction score
I have a pocket with a door I will sell you when my W505 is installed. There is a pic of it in several threads I've posted in.

dreamliner77

Reaction score
Is the Scosche kit that bad? That's what I just picked up. Also, I'd love to see some pics of an aftermarket HU with the pocket installed.

Back