1BAD6's Custom total Interior Thread (Pics and Vids)

1bad6

Reaction score
All right everyone, I've procrastinated long enough so I'm finally posting pics of my new interior (custom done by Tim's Auto Upholstery in Atlanta) and the bodywork and paint job (done by Wesley's paint and bodyshop in Atlanta) that has been nearly completed. Both shops did a wonderful job, but Wesley in particular has paid extreme attention to detail and I couldn't be happier with his work. In the "member's rides" section I'll also be posting a video of the car's first start up since the build and a dyno video will soon follow.

The car came with the standard charcoal grey cloth interior (seats, door inserts, carpet, etc). I've had it completely torn apart and redone...the headliner and door inserts have been done in red suede, the carpet has been replaced with a red one to match the headliner and inserts, and the seats have been recovered in a catzkin leather kit with the outsides in charcoal and the seat inserts in red. Since the car will be making around 500hp and has a full 3" exhaust, I asked Tim's shop to add sound deadening material during the install to keep outside noise to a minimum. The pics tell it all.

Headliner being covered in red suede
kwesi016.jpg

Sound deadening installed under carpet
kwesi012.jpg

Sound deadening material closeup
kwesi015.jpg

Completed visor and door insert
kwesi025.jpg

Completed headliner and moon roof shade
kwesi042.jpg

Carpet just after installation
kwesi021.jpg

Completed carpet installation
kwesi017.jpg

Completed front seat
seats018.jpg

Completed rear seat
seats015.jpg

Completed rear seat installed
kwesi045.jpg

Whole install completed
kwesi047.jpg

Here's a short video for good measure.
Interior

I'll post pics of the bodywork and paint in a day or two. Thanks for viewing!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Re: 1BAD6's Interior and Paint/Bodywork Thread (Pics and Vids)

Looks freakin sweet! Im in Atlanta. I think I will go check them out. If you dont mind me asking....about how much did they charge you?:driving:

1bad6

Reaction score

Looks freakin sweet! Im in Atlanta. I think I will go check them out. If you dont mind me asking....about how much did they charge you?:driving:

Total cost including the catzkin kit was somewhere around $3,700.

smoky

Reaction score

Wow looks amazing..

Idk bout that price though..but if u got the money then why not right lol

1bad6

Reaction score

i wanna see in real life... where in atl u at???

I'd love to grab a drink or hang out with you and some of the folks from this site so we can check out each others' rides, but mine won't be completely done for about another month and then I won't be back home until the middle of next year, but that should give us plenty of time to make a meet happen!

Wow looks amazing..

Idk bout that price though..but if u got the money then why not right lol

Thanks for the compliments everyone! It is a bit more than I wanted to pay, but it's definitely an interior unlike most now. The good news is that for about $1000 you can get the materials and do the work yourself. None of what I've had done is more than anyone with a can-do attitude, free weekend, and internet connection can do. I'd re-done my seats in one of my past cars in a custom leather kit from leatherseats.com and they send you the installation tools and fasteners. It's definitely physical, tedious work, but you can do it yourself.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Re: 1BAD6's Custom Interior and Paint/Bodywork Thread (Pics and Vids)

500whp???

Reaallllyyyyy................... :coffee:

Back