little help plz

davev1982

Reaction score
i just bought a 99 accord with j30a1 a/t i haveasked some people including head machanic a honda dealer and they said you can swap motors with a 03-07 j30a4. dealer said it has the same bolt patern and could keep my 4spd a/t.would it be worth it till i can afford trany swap for the extra 25 hp

Asian Invasion

Reaction score
Your answers can be better answered with some thread reading and searching on v6performance.net

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Whether a mod is worth it, is up to the person paying.

What would be a cheaper mod for you is to pick up the 6spd swap parts and do that with your current motor.

AllGoNoShow and a couple of others have done this swap, search their threads as well as on V6P to see parts lists.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
What would be a cheaper mod for you is to pick up the 6spd swap parts and do that with your current motor.

Your 4spd auto is fragile enough as is, I would not add more power before swapping to a 6spd manual.

Searchy searchy.

jwong512

Reaction score
I wouldn't swap to another J series motor with a 4 speed automatic. If it's an automatic, at least a 5 speed as those are much better than the 4 speed design. Everyone has to start somewhere, just be sure to search around the next time before you make a post that has already been answered.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
if you swap to a 6spd you're already "gaining" power if you know how to drive. you can get more power to the wheels already.

and if you wanted to swap engines, swap in a J32. that's a 3.2L. or J35, 3.5L.

davev1982

Reaction score
That six speed is hard to find called my wreckers and the closest one is Florida and I'm in Ontario Canada

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
6spd+3.2 Intake manifold (way better airflow), 3.2 cam (more aggressive vtec lobe), and Intake,Header, and full exhaust will net you a lot more power. Good luck.

Don't do anything on impulse
.... research

Good luck

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
MY question is, Whats wrong with your J30? Just Mod it lightly with parts that will interchange, and hen it blows up, Get an engine swap. J35, and a 6spd?

Back