Where do you guys mount your front plates??

chomorro21

Reaction score
Im not sure if this is the right forum but i just got a ticket for not having a front plate and tint on my side windows (its the abosolute lightest tint you can get all around......im in CA). I have a wings west front end on a 98 accord coupe, and i need suggestions and pics of where im supposed to put a front plate preferably without drilling into the kit.

Now i have to go get this tint taken off and its such a waste of time, i havent gotten a ticket in four years and then they give me one for the most minute crap. I would try myself but i tried before and it took me hours to take it off one side with a razor blade.

CHID0

Reaction score
You can get a license plate relocator and offset the plate to one side:
1808.jpg

skabone

Reaction score
just move to AZ, you don't need a front plate and you can tint your car as dark as you want.:cool:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Mines hanging from some stainless steel wire attached to the front crash bar since I'm ghetto with no front bumper.

chomorro21

Reaction score
Well with the relocator i wouldnt be able to move it much because the front air dam of the wings west kit is very small. I guess im going to have to drill into it unless i can find some way to use steel wire lol.

Sinful

Reaction score
Yeah, CA sucks, i wanted to take mine off but cant. I see some people just put it in their windshield inside lol. And wtf? you got ticket for tinted side windows? I thought you could tint all windows really dark except no tint on the front windshield. You should look it up. Workkkk time.. later..

cg6boi

Reaction score
this is no joke, i have 19 fix it tickets in the past 2 years with my accord, mostly for tint and license plates, i have the plate relocator from vtechnician on ebay on mine

mysexycar.jpg

another excuse to post my pics compliments of DJC, dont sweat the tickets that much cali sucks for mods but hey just deal with it

chomorro21

Reaction score
Wow good to know im not the only one with the bad luck. Im going to check out that plate relocator you got. To top everything off i get home and one headlight bulb is out WTF lol, they worked fine last night. So im off to go buy a pair right now....Anyone have any idea how much it cost to get tint taken off?

Dam no luck that vtechnician guy must not be around anymore.

Last edited:

cg6boi

Reaction score
Back