What a past few days...56k

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
THIS WEEK HAS SUCKED!!!!

im making a new thread so i dont thread jack this one anymore: F series

i already wrote a half of this last night before my windows crashed << ftl

lets discuss my nitrous setup first off. i bought a used NOS kit off a coworker for 120. it came with a dual solenoid setup, all wiring and a purge valve. 36 n20 jet with a 42 bypass valve.
IMG_0141-1.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

a quick local wtb thread got me a 10lb bottle and switches for 100 bux from a former cd owner.

i did the pre install at work this past sat, 2-11. mounted the solenoids to my strutbar. i also did the pre planning for my switches and where the bottle will be.
IMG_0167.jpg

i placed an order to summit racing to get the parts i needed. a 14ft -4 an line, a 50 shot and 4 ngk ZFR7F-11 spark plugs for abt $80. they all came in on wednesday and i continued the install.
IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

i decided to mount the bottle in my cabin. before yall say it was stupid to mount it in the cabin instead of the trunk, let me explain why i did it. my trunk is going to be fully enclosed in a custom sub box and with the little room i have left back there, my batt relocation needs it. so the bottle is mounted between the passengers front and rear seats. i had only one bracket for now with free ones on the way. i ran the nitrous line parralel to the strut bar to hide it, ran it down along the fuel lines and up underneath the driver seat. i connected the ends and filled the hole up so it wouldnt rupture. this hole placement allows me to run it to the trunk to pass inspection.
IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

drilling the hole for the jet was real easy, figuring out how far away to put it was hard. the instructions say no more then 6 inches away from the tb. i mounted it 12 inches away. i sacrificed tempature for better mixture.

now the wiring, it was a easy but i made it hard. the original kit came with a WOT switch but i didnot have the patience after 1 hr trying to find a good place to mount the switch. so i converted to a momentary switch instead. i only needed to run 3 wire through the firewall, purge, momentary and activation switch. i screwed this up to high heaven. during this install time, i wired the purge to the activation toggle by accident and fried the purge. i mean SMOKIN fried. so 25 bux to fix it, i believe... but still it happened.

after the fried purge i gave up for the day. the next morning i took my empty bottle to the shop where i was suppose to be dynoed at. they told me its 27 bux and to come back in 30 minutes and it will be ready. i come back.... they have none and wont get any until later that day or tomorrow. i call the other dyno shop and they said not untill friday. so i call the shop to ask if he knew anyone on that side of town that sold nitrous. he said no but reminded me of a former partner that sold NX kits right around the corner from where i was. i walk in, bottle on shoulder, and saw a familiar face. he hooked me up with the cheapest price in town and i was on my way.

hooked the bottle up then tested the system. i got some frostbite (lol, frostbite in fla) but got it installed. tested the wiring, made a few adjustments, but i was ready for action on this thursday evening except for one flaw.....

My brakes

for the past 5 wks or so, my brakes have progressivly gotten worse. around 2 wks ago, i got the metal on metal sound. this past tuesday, my inner brake pad on my pass. side fell out of my car..... fell out of my car.
IMG_0170.jpg

i ordered Hawk hps and powerslot rotors from summit for abt 250.
IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

install was done friday morning on the bad side. took out the old pad and found the first weird thing of the day. my outer pad had 3mm of pad left. the other was bare metal, but this had pad left. i blew this off as a fluke. oh and my inner shims were still there, but in no way reusable
IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

got to the bloody screws and stripped those to bare nubs. i tried everything including breaking the rotor. this was done by threading screws into the other two holes unitll the rotor cracked. then a stroke of luck came in the form of my rotory tool and my glass bit. it came out so easy that way it wasnt even funny.
IMG_0173.jpg

took off the old rotor and started to gasp. the bacck was completly pitted and scrached to hell. saw some piston damage but nothing that threw me off.
IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

installed the new rotor and bracket. went to compress the piston.... and nothing. the cap was open but it wouldnt budge. I BROKE A FCUKING C CLAMP.
IMG_0177.jpg

gettin tired so ill speed this up
bled the pass. brakes; took hammer to get piston back in; got new fluid in;
IMG_0179.jpg

found out that bleeding by yourself is very hard.
IMG_0178.jpg

figured out i need a need caliper since mine suffered from piston lock.
only installed one new brake pad an the old good pad
only did one side. test drove fine but ill buy a new caliper soon.
IMG_0180.jpg

locked keys in car; didnt get them out till this morning.
PLAN to dyno monday
so tired now

if you want to learn more, ask questions to get your answers

Mojeans69

Reaction score
Wow that sucks man... everything that could go wrong went wrong.....I need some of those rotors... :thumbsup:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
yup, u def need a new caliper... or did u try greasing the caliper pistons (not the actual pistons, but the ones in the rubber hose).... tht's normally the thing that makes for uneven wear

and dood.... u sure destroyed tht rotor :rofl:

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
What a ****ing joke

i went to get dyno'd this morning at 10. i jumped into my car around 9:30 and warmed the car up. takes me 20 minutes to get to the place so i had plenty to highway test the system before i get there. i turned the bottle on, hit the power switch and get ready for the highway. i get on the highway, drop it to 2nd, hit my momentary switch and nothing happened. i flip the toggle back and try it again. same result.

i pull off the next exit and start the troubleshooting. a cop comes by to see if i was ok and i almost crap my pants. i got a hooked up nitrous bottle and some other illegal stuff as well on the car. i told him i had a simple power issue and he went away.

figured out that there was a power issue to the 12v constant. i hook it up directly to the battery and tested it. it worked when tested and i was on my way.

get there by 10:20 and had them set me up. the guy was not happy with my makeshift wiring but put it on the dyno. asked me abt the exhaust leak and nitrous switch setup.

first run took a while to get right. after 2 tries the guy gets out of my car and ask if my transmission has ever slipped.......

it has never slippied in my life. i know of our transmission problems and i signed the waiver so they wont be responsible. now im worried.

but it was my tranny downshifting. so #1 is 136.98hp / 134.90tq. not too bad. more than i expected. but thats vtec baby.....

waited 10 minutes. turn bottle on purge without purge gets me 174.92hp / 171.45tq.....

bad ignition problems which i believe are not properly gapped plugs. i gapped them but apparently not enough.

the guys says he aint doin that again for fear of my engine. so, 138.84hp / 142.82tq.

i payed $80.25 to not get accurate dyno results. sigh....

just adds to the week i guess

Twobit

Reaction score
:stupid: nitrous is for cheap skates :D If you want speed, save and spend on something thats worth the value like a turbo. Just my .02

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
Like this VVVVV

Engine: Forged H23a1 prelude head; Darton sleeved block; Benson balanced and micropolished crank; CP Pistons and rings; Pauter rods; Fluidyne Radiator; Maxbore tb & im; AEM FPR; aem fuel rail; rc 750-850 injectors; web racing cam; aem 5 pt cam gears; custom 3" exhaust; OBD-i conversion; tuning by antoine

Turbo: GT30R; AEM TRU BOOST ebc; HKS ssqv Bov; custom ic and piping; greddy full auto turbo timer; tial external wg; custom made ram horn turbo mani

Transmission: h23 tranny; phantom lsd; exedy stage 2 clutch

Interior: AutoMeter Boost/vac gauge; AM egt; Am oil psi; summit volt gauge; PLX Devices M-250 + a/f Gauge

Ask some of the OG's abt it.
jsswelcome1.gif

it will be done in 113 weeks. in which time i will convert the kit to intercooler sprayer

Back