Varnell's '99 J37 Stroker 6MT Coupe EX-L

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Varnell's '99 J32 6MT Coupe EX-L

Thanks for the advice, Adam. After three weeks of waiting for them to be built, the BC Racing Extreme Drop coilovers are in the mail. Wiring is 99% completed (No CELs, just need to tidy up the wires), and I'm planning to get it inspected next week. RL BBK is ready to be installed with the coilovers. Year old FF Type II's will be up for sale soon.

I've spent the past few weeks installing window regulators, fixing the A/C, installing a new power steering hose, and gutting out extra weight. Can't wait to enter the aesthetic stages of the build.

Really happy to see this coming together :thumbsup:

Varnell

Reaction score

I need to clean her up, I'm ecstatic to see this finally coming together. She's at the shop now getting an alignment and inspection. Gonna keep the ride height for a month until the springs settle. Then it's time for some wider wheels and slamming her on the ground.

Thanks again, Adam. The clearcoat on these shaved calipers look sic!

20150629_121415.jpg

20150629_121359_1.jpg

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

Good to see it's still doing well without any issues. Hopefully you'll stick around for when my car goes under the knife, because I know I'll have questions/issues. Just need a few more parts before I'm ready to put the car down for a bit

White6GAV6

Reaction score

Totally forgot about the calipers haha. Looks good! Both our cars are in about the same shape. No side skirts, fenders, or front bumper. But mine is onjack stands

Varnell

Reaction score

Good to see it's still doing well without any issues. Hopefully you'll stick around for when my car goes under the knife, because I know I'll have questions/issues. Just need a few more parts before I'm ready to put the car down for a bit

For sure! I'll stick around to answer any questions either of you have concerning the swap when the time comes. I'll also try to make my swap thread a bit more cohesive before summer break is over.

Totally forgot about the calipers haha. Looks good! Both our cars are in about the same shape. No side skirts, fenders, or front bumper. But mine is onjack stands

Are you doing body work, too? Can't wait to see your next setup. I'm going to start fitting the Typ W side skirts in the next couple weeks. I miss scraping the road. lol

White6GAV6

Reaction score

I miss driving my car too. I'm definitely going to radius the fenders. Not sure about flares or not. If so they're be metal flares. Also not sure what size wheels I'm running so I have a lot to figure out.

Varnell

Reaction score

Front sway bars finally on!

20150715_204354.jpg

Cleaned her up a bit today while my girlfriend cleaned, I mean, had me also clean her Camry.

20150715_204636.jpg

20150715_204540.jpg

IMG_20150716_093943.jpg

Finally found a spoilerless black trunk lid. I underestimated how time consuming it would be to get it to close properly and line up the body lines. The final result was absolutely worth it, though. I ordered some rear bumper clips, so hopefully I can fix the sagging issue before I resort to buying a new bumper cover.

20150715_204504.jpg

Last edited:

Varnell

Reaction score

Thanks. It's funny how I never noticed your BBK until I bought these from Adam. I'd really like something similar for the rear, but I honestly don't think this car needs anymore stopping power. lol

Varnell

Reaction score

Feeling productive today. Finally got around to prepping my front lip and trying my hand at spray painting it.

20150721_150458.jpg

Clean, sand, clean, primer, wait, sand, clean, wait, primer, wait, sand, clean, wait...aaand black again. lol

20150721_163014.jpg

Waiting for it to dry now, then adding some clear coat. I've watched a few videos where wetsanding and polishing spray paint comes out pretty nice. I figured it's just going to get banged up anyway.

Back