Top Speed and 0-60 1998 Accord V6

Celidor

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post. I have scoured the web looking for information on the Top Speed of the 6th gen V6 Accords but have found nothing. I mostly want it for statistical data. I have gotten my 98 EX V6 Sedan (no spoiler) up to 187km/h. Acceleration was starting to really slow at that point but I feel like it could have gone 190 if I had continued.

But my car is at 325,XXX km and was 312,XXX km when I was testing it and the hood has an inward bump in it so I feel like the car might be running a little slower than it once could have. And I am looking for a true top speed of the car in top condition. Please share your experiences with the top speed or even 0-60, quarter mile or whatever speed data you have on your 6th gen sedan. Any data is very welcome.

And I am actually also quite curious about the 0-60 time as well as I hear lots of times from 7.8 to 8.6 seconds.

And just to be clear I don't usually go 180.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
So, let me get this straight, you want someone to go on the hwy, put themselves/others at risk so you can get some stats on a stock Accord?

Not sure if you are a Cosby Show fan, but there is an episode where Cliff says to Theo, "That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard!"

That inward bump on the hood is probably your car starting to implode from the idiocy of what you are doing.

What you need to do, is pay, go to a track, and get your own stats.

And, just to be clear, anyone that HAS done that on the hwy is just as dumb.

:slap:

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Pretty much all that. That kind of driving belongs on a track. Get a helmet or rent one, go to a track, pay a nominal fee, and you'll get accurate readings that you can use toward whatever you're doing.

Really hope your above "testing" was at a track.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
didn't know they have laws in that frozen wasteland

"MUST resist urge to flame....."

OP, I just realized you are from T.O.........in your best interest to NOT take this 'research' any further on our local hwys.

As a matter of fact, I will even go so far as to invite you to check out torontoaccords.com and even come out to the West End Meets on Thursdays. I am sure the guys there can talk some sense in to you about how to properly go about getting that info.

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
how can you flame anything noob, you can't rub two sticks together in that wasteland without being mocked by the Cherokee

:lawl:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I see you are in a 'special' kind of mood today, but I'll let it slide.

This thread isn't about me dealing with your case about how much better Canada is than the US, starting with healthcare.

Back