Greetings from Gator Country!

mrz80

Reaction score
Well, well, well, another Honda oriented forum which I may peruse in my copious spare time! Yee-ha! :smiley-face-popcorn

So, introductions are in order: I'm one of those Bible-thumping born-agains your Sociology profs warned you about. I break networks for a wee lit'l' University down here, play guitar, and regularly apply tools, parts, grease and intemperate language to my cars.

I'm a confirmed Hondaphile, having had at least one Accord in the family since the early 1990s. My current ride is an 01 Accord LX sedan, 2.3l/5sp, that we bought for the wife 11 years ago. Couple years back my betolerated Taurus blew both head gaskets, and we decided to ditch the blue-oval menace to polite society before it suffered Transmission of Death syndrome, got the wife into a really sweet '06 Accord SE 5sp, and moved me into the '01.

Needless to say, the first thing I did was plant a vanity tag on it, festoon it with antennas, and fill every nook and cranny with ham radio gear. :ownedrun:

(At this point a picture would be in order, but it seems I've not been a member long enough to link to one. Check back in a week. :) )

Anyhow, she's got 156k miles, and other than all the radio gear she's box-stock, and kinda beat up. I haven't done anything to the car beyond oil changes, tires, and some leaky-a/c repairs, and the darn thing just keeps soldiering on and on and on... All that is going to change, however. It's come to my attention that, since I'm crowding 50 I'm overdue for my midlife crisis, and since I can't afford a mint condition 69 Firebird w/400 and 4-speed, the Golden Girl is gonna come in for some upgrades. :happy107:

The brakes are in dire need of an overhaul, and I figured that since I'll have 'er up on jackstands I might as well attend to some suspension PM and upgrades, the better to banish the incipent wobblies and rebuke the demons of understeer. I'm waiting for the BrownTruckMafia to drop off some EBC UPR rotors and Ulitmax pads, a 2004 TL rear swaybar, and the first of several batches of urethane bushings. I figure by fall, every piece of black rubber will be swapped out with shiny red urethane (red so's I don't lose track of what I've replaced!). I'm looking at installing the obligitory strut tower brace. I'm also taking the whole notion of new springs an' struts under advisement, but that's a lot of moolah, so that'll probably wait for the forseeable future. Let's see what all new bushings and that beefier rear bar do to the handling first. I'll be quite content if I can banzai my way around onramps without riding the brakes. :licklips:

Under the hood... I rather involuntarily removed the resonator box from the airflow earlier this summer (by dint of snagging the bumper cover on an unexpectedly high curb and tearing the whole thing right off the car! :hide: ), so maybe a new intake setup is in order. I'm also batting around the 4-2-1 header idea. Further down the drivetrain, there's a new clutch in the near future, courtesy of both kids learning to drive last year; my firstborn over-revved it with the clutch half-in trying to climb our steep driveway one day, and the car smelled like an oil refinery fire for the rest of the afternoon. :facepalm: Also on the to-do list is a short-throw kit and whacking off the top 1-1/2" of the shift lever in an effort to eliminate the baseball-bat-in-a-rain-barrel feeling.

So that's the state of affairs down here in Gator Country. Keep calm and Honda on!

Last edited:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
longest intro ever :lawl:

welcome.. sounds like u have a good idea of where your car is going :beer:

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
Wow- now thats an intro.:Smoker:

Welcome, looking forward to pics. Alot of guys on here have done alot of what you are doing or thinking about doing. Be sure to check out the DIY listings. Good luck and happy modding!

Back