vtec malfunction(p1259)

beans

Reaction score
I just got the code scan and the code its reading is p1259 which is vtech
malfunction so check it out and it could be these two problems:

-Oil pressure meaning low oil
-Vtec solenoid may be bad already

I know theres got to be someone here who can help me out before i get
the car checked..so if you guys can help me id appreciate it thanks!!

Im driving 98 honda accord lx.sedan 2.3L

Last edited:

F23A1AT

Reaction score
I just got the code scan and the code its reading is p1259 which is vtec
malfunction so check it out and it could be these two problems:

-Oil pressure meaning low oil
-Vtec solenoid may be bad already.

I know theres got to be someone here who can help me out before i get
the car checked..so if you guys can help me id appreciate it thanks!!

Im driving 98 honda accord lx.sedan 2.4L(I think you mean 2.3)

Fixed.

BTW check your oil it is probably low.

beans

Reaction score
I fixed it I meant 2.3l but let's say my oil is good and I just changed it. you think it's the solenoid that needs to be changed?

Last edited:

slowrider87

Reaction score
just check the oil man, worry about the possible bigger problems once you eliminate the small ones. checking the oil takes 30 seconds. pop hood, pull out dipstick, wipe off, insert, pull out, see if its wet, and how much so, reinsert. repeat if you necessary. sort of like sex with fat chick..."is it ok? F*CK IT. stickin back in anyways, ok now i'm done!"... just do it and get it over with.

if its low add oil and see what happens. CEL stays on then try and swap out the solenoid.

Roadrashvtec

Reaction score
just check the oil man, worry about the possible bigger problems once you eliminate the small ones. checking the oil takes 30 seconds. pop hood, pull out dipstick, wipe off, insert, pull out, see if its wet, and how much so, reinsert. repeat if you necessary. sort of like sex with fat chick..."is it ok? F*CK IT. stickin back in anyways, ok now i'm done!"... just do it and get it over with.

if its low add oil and see what happens. CEL stays on then try and swap out the solenoid.

That's not my vagina that's my belly button!

/ignore /continue

addicted2hondaz

Reaction score
this happend to me twice already since ive owned mine(less than a year) usually btween oil changes i read somewere on here and a lil from expiriance our accord eat up a bit of oil when vtec is engaged so you would have to check your oil level at least weekly ..are your rpms not going past 4k? then its mostlikley you need an oil change and after this oil change start checking your oil level,when its low add a bit b4 cel comes on (i just did my change yesterday had da same problem with the cel ohh and dont forget to reset cel if it comes back after a couple days then you have a bigger prob then oil

someone add anything im missing or correct me if im wrong

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
There is also a Screen, behind the cast Mount for the solenoid and oil pressure sensor, When it gets full of sh*t it will throw a code. I.E. Vtec. But seriously... Think with your Dipstick, Jimmeh.

Back