Bah Humbug

CokeZero

Reaction score
Well, after all the Christmas presents and paying off all my bills with my last check from my previous job before starting my new job Monday. . I went outside to take the family to eat and noticed a sluggish electrical start. Went and pulled the + while it was running and it died right away. So my alternator is toast.

1. I cant afford a new one from a parts house reasons above^

2. The time it takes to have one shipped from ebay, I wont get before I start my new job monday.

3. Pick and Pull (parts yard) has them for like $30 bucks. But I need to go walk their yard to see if they actually have any.

So if I cant find any 2.3 f23a1 accords in their yard, is there any other cars that have an interchangeable alternator?

It's also supposed to rain some tomorrow. If a car is missing the hood and the alternator on that car has seen rain, are there any chances that its still good?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
we used to have them fixed. for ~$60

Probably a diode.

MAYBE voltage supply to the magnet.

Either that or used. I don't know what fits.

CokeZero

Reaction score
went to the parts yard and pulled a used one, got it tested at autozone on the way back. put it in and were back in business.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Glad you sorted out. Was gonna say, go w/ the Odyssey's, but realized that it's only for V6.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Glad you found a quick fix. Since the miles on the current one is likely unknown it may be a good idea to set aside some money for a replacement when the time comes.

Back