what to do to a swapped car????

sunroof

Reaction score
so I inherited this 2000 v6 with a 05 6 speed tranny and it was running good and all of a sudden reverse went out. Im pretty tired of pushing the car back when I forget to park up a hill so here is what I need you guys input with, as these are my options:

1) have tranny removed, opened and have reverse replaced, reverse is about $100, do clutch and rear main while at it
2) option 1 and get a CL/TL type S j32 (since car already has richies swap harness, and find a 03 CL manual ECU
3) keep j30 and just add a 05 TL 6speed tranny
4) get type S j32 and the TL 6 speed tranny and find a 03 CL manual ECU

my question is what you guys think would be the best option?? im not sure if im keeping the car or selling it but at the same time I don't want to spend too much on the car

and also what do I need to be able to use a TL tranny on the car?? I have heard that I need some sort of mount??? I know a guy that has a 6 speed TL tranny in his 2000 TL, and he does not use a tranny mount,

thank you guys in advance for you input

Gmoney

Reaction score
If you don't wanna spend to much I would do the 100 dollar reverse option but the type s swaps are pretty awesome but might cost a pretty penny

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If the car drives fine other than the reverse problem, and you don’t want to spend much, then just get the transmission fixed and be done with it. Options #3 and 4 don’t really sound viable based on the fact that you don’t want to spend a lot. #2 depends on what you are looking to spend - but after the reverse gear, new clutch, main seal, and the labor cost to do all that you might not want to have to go buy a new motor, timing belt/water pump/etc…and on top of that pay more labor cost to have it put in.

So based on the fact that you’re not sure you want to keep the car, and that you don’t want to put a lot into it…go with #1.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
u want the cheapest option and yet u came up with options 2,3 and 4? :thinking:

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Based on what I read, obviously go with option 1. Unless you can find a 6 speed in great condition for an amazing deal

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Tapatalk

Brad2274

Reaction score
i mean this is probably what i'd do since the tl 6spds can be found for $750 if you look hard, engine and ecu might set you back another 700-800, but at that point wouldnt it be true manual and you wouldnt need richies harness? i know those are worth like $500, then you might be into it only $1000

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
1) have tranny removed, opened and have reverse replaced, reverse is about $100, do clutch and rear main while at it

YES
This option seems best right now. Run that motor till it dies. THEN swap in a true manual motor. 99cfEnvy has Richies module and his is acting up, perhaps even on its way to dying. Not sure if Richie will even mess with those modules anymore. So consider richies module as having no support for it.

2) option 1 and get a CL/TL type S j32 (since car already has richies swap harness, and find a 03 CL manual ECU

NO: See my response to #1 in regards to Richies module.

3) keep j30 and just add a 05 TL 6speed tranny

NO: I believe you may be able to add the LSD into the Accord tranny -- don't quote me on it though.

NO: At least not yet. Wait till that J30 dies and then do an engine swap. Save up for a new fresh build until the J30 dies.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The LSD can be inserted into the 7GA 6MT, they're similar enough I'm told, just there is light machining that has to be done though.

A properly maintained J30 will never die lol. It was overbuilt.

Brad2274

Reaction score
i heard the cls lsd is crazy expensive and hard to find outside of cls tranny but can be put in 7ga tranny

Back