Recommend set up for daily driver. SQ and quality bass.

maximus2k

Reaction score
I have 1 12" sealed and it gets loud enough to exceed my other speakers in decibels, so good enough for SQ. Ported is good as it can get as loud as sealed while using less power (assuming the same sub in both setup). With that said, loud to some people is not loud to others, but I choose one 12". I have the GTO 1214D, $100.

I like 5-channel amps. Small and install friendly. For a budget amp the ASA1100.5x is a great $200 amp.

I use the JBL MS-62C. Maybe you will like these maybe you won't, but this is where I would splurge if you are going to. They can be had for $150-200.

Next step is to seal up those doors. You need some sheet metal, sheet metal screws, and like 4 sq ft of sound deadening to do this.

Knuconceptz has good OFC wire for a good price. Or you can go with welding cable for a bit less: http://www.wireandsupply.com/www_wireandsupply_com_welding_cable_s_22_htm_s/22.htm

Make sure you have a good battery.

You don't need a cap, in case you were wondering.

And the 9887 is a great starting point. I had all of the above installed with a 9887 running it 3-way and enjoyed it quite a bit.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions and feedback. I have an old pair of Alpine Type R 6.5 components that I will be using. A friend of mine has a JL 10w7 3 ohm in a sealed box that he will sell to me for 300.00. I thinking about getting the Alpine PDX-v9 amp. Had the old version a few years a go and they were great, even survived through a pretty bad car wreck.

Couldn't I just seal the doors up with the sound deadening alone? Thats how I did it in the my Civic years a go. I would think that the sheet metal would cause more vibration due to metal to metal contact?

Also, is there a DIY on mounting the tweeters to the side mirror covers? I remember doing that to my civic and it made the vocals sound10x better.

schmiddr2

Reaction score
I don'tknow the depth of the Type R mids but you might want to check to see if they will fit. As turbo5upra said, you can use the OEM dash locations for the tweeters, or as I have, use the sail panels. There is no specific way to install them but it depends on the hardware provided with them and your expectations of OEM look.

Sound deadening is not rigid. It should cover the holes but not in any rigid way. It probably won't make much difference but adding metal should reduce vibrations and creat more of an enclosure for the mid. I used sheet metal and I have no rattles at all.

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
I had great experience with kicker L7 12", in ported kicker enclosure. Amongst my friends and if you "ballin" JL audio is the best sub, it can be fixed if blown and sounds really good.

Turbo5upra

Reaction score
LYou could get a sheet of 1/8" plexiglass- take cardboard and put it inside of the door and trace the holes you want to fill- mark the plexiglass 1/2" wider than the mark on the cardboard and cut it with a jig saw.... Then use silicone and a heat gun to hold it in place... Go over that with some deadner...

maximus2k

Reaction score
LYou could get a sheet of 1/8" plexiglass- take cardboard and put it inside of the door and trace the holes you want to fill- mark the plexiglass 1/2" wider than the mark on the cardboard and cut it with a jig saw.... Then use silicone and a heat gun to hold it in place... Go over that with some deadner...

Good idea. Thanks! I will try this.

Another question for you guys. I see that some 6th gen accords come with the single deck head unit. Mine is the double din factory head unit, can I use the OEM single din bottom tray to fit the aftermarket head units? The aftermarket single din conversion mounting kits use very cheap looking plastic and most of the time don't fit flush or match the black.

lashlee

Reaction score
Yes you can, and if you trim down the aftermarket radio trim ring can give you a cleaner look. Most people don't want to take the time to do it right and leave it without a trim ring and a big ugly gap.

maximus2k

Reaction score
Yes you can, and if you trim down the aftermarket radio trim ring can give you a cleaner look. Most people don't want to take the time to do it right and leave it without a trim ring and a big ugly gap.

what is the radio trim ring? do mind posting a pic of it?

Back