DIY Window Regulator - Power, Front

RichBinAZ

Reaction score
The car is 12 years old now and this is the 3rd time a regulator has had to be replaced. Perhaps it's the hot weather in Phoenix doing it or the unsuitable materials the parts are made of.
Anyway, here is a pictorial of how to do it.

Slide1_1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide6.jpg

Slide7.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Slide9.jpg

Slide10.jpg

Slide11.jpg

Slide12.jpg

Slide13.jpg

Slide14.jpg

Slide15.jpg

Last edited:

TheMole

Reaction score
Great work, excellent write up! Subscribing in case I ever have to change mine.

1SavageH

Reaction score
Great info that I wish I had read before I took mine out lastnight!

Just thought I would add an additional fault finding that I experienced. The bottom cable nipple had 80% of the wires frayed and wound up in a knot. In the middle of the cable the other ends of the broken wire had created a "lump" that could not get past the motor. Window would not roll up past about 25%.

Before it jammed the window sounded like it was milling gravel.

I decided to pick up a full motor/regulator assembly that came with the cable and slide etc... Got an aftermarket part at Napa for ~$75 after tax. So far so good.

Hope this helps somebody down the road!

RichBinAZ

Reaction score
Glad this helped someone - I'm bumping this thread as I added a possible fix for the cable nipple coming out of the plastic slider issue shown in the original thread. I added 4 slides to the end.
Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to test it in a car as my daughter (who bought the car off me) just traded it in for a prius. Why??? the tranny failed... and after seeing what was needed to fix that, it became history.
But if you have parts laying around the garage, you can turn a $300 dealer fix into a free fix - just your time, which is free.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Great work!! The clip is a great idea, I have yet to change one but if I have to I know exactly what to do.. Much appreciated

SpikeMobile

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have the pictorial saved? Theyre no longer showing for me and Im trying to replace my window regulator :(

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Photobucket's fault. There are some DIY vids on YouTube, that's what I used last year when I did my passenger side regulator and lock actuator. And actually my driver side just went out, so I'll be doing that soon.

Back