f23a4/h23 non vtec head

deemedhopless

Reaction score
Cant find this exact build anywhere... i wanted to do the h22 head swap but cant afford the 500$ price tag... so i was wondering if i bought the dohc non vtec h23 (80$) and built it then had the block built, bored to 87mm or whatever the k20 type s pistons are, forged rods bearings (new crank?) Ect... i could get a a bit over 200-220?bhp? And it would be ready for boost later... so questions.
1. FML... ECU???? What do i need???
2. Is the h23 non vtec any good period?
3. To fit the h series heads on the f blocks i read you have to block of oil return ports in the head, true? Which ones?
More questions sure to follow...
THANKS

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
If you can't afford $500 for work on a car, then I suggest you start saving your pennies more...because to do most anything worthwhile on these cars costs more than that.

However, keep doing research...maybe you'll find the answer to your question on here or you'll find a deal somewhere.

deemedhopless

Reaction score
... cant afford 500$ for a bare head... ive been researching the g23 build for over a month.... my head fn hurts all the g23 builds that ive seen written upare using the dohc vtec h22 on the f22 if you don't have answers dont post im not in a huge hurry nopi nationals isn't till September! Plus im not a noob i just don't know sh** about ECUs (offer a class?)

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
[... cant afford 500$ for a bare head...]
[im not in a huge hurry nopi nationals isn't till September!]

LOLWUT_by_smilie_terrorist.jpg

Doesn't make sense like apples and oranges, or apples and.. pears? Quit living up to your name and do some more detailed research. It's out there. I'll say for one thing, if you're going this route, you want to get a standalone ECU if you have the money and want tuning ease.

Last edited:

deemedhopless

Reaction score
Brahahaha hopeless.... ok im bout to start my build and probably f s up! Haha learn by trial a error. H23 non vtec head bought. Bout to order cams cam gears valves seats guides ect... then to look for another f23 block so i don't have to pull my engine while completing it and ill have a spare engine for when i blow this one to kingdom come!!! Thanks guys for the obviously unnecessary help haha :lolrun:

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Why are you going with a non vtec head? that seems like a downgrade... I'd say either do a basic turbo setup or keep saving up until you find an h22 head. be patient and you find a decent one for a good price

Back